...Versions 2.7 GA (Generally Available) and 3.7 (for Eclipse 3.0 M7) are the latest production releases for MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench and are now available for immediate download. This release includes significant new Struts and XML productivity features, application deployment enhancements, and general maintenance updates. New and Noteworthy Features for MyEclipse 2.7 and 3.7 include:
- Struts Development Tools
- Web-Struts Project - Add Struts 1.0 or 1.1 Capabilities to any MyEclipse Web Project. The process automatically populates a web project with Struts libraries, taglibs, and Struts XML configuration, and updates web.xml.
- Struts 1.0 and 1.1 Wizards – Wizard-driven generation of Struts configuration elements and their corresponding Java, web.xml entries, and JSP code. The new creation wizards enable you to create Modules, Actions, Forms, Forwards, Exceptions, DataSources, MessageResources, and Plugin entries. A special workflow wizard is provided to create Form, Action, and JSP entities in one easy step.
- Advanced Struts Configuration Editor – A multipage editor provides a synchronized XML source view with syntax coloring and smart code completion, interactive outline view, and experimental graphical flow-view. XML source editing supports the new integrated XML editor with code completion and validation.
- Struts JSP Templates - Use MyEclipse templates when creating JSPs pre-configured to use Struts taglibs.
- Struts Configuration Validation – This release provides XML validation. A future release will provide comprehensive semantic validation of an application prior to deployment.
- XML Development Tools
- Smart Code Completion – Rapidly edit any XML file using smart grammar-based code completion
- Syntax Coloring – View XML source with colorized syntax based on user configurable coloring rules
- XML Validation – Automatic and manual validation of XML files. XML errors are marked within the XML Editor or from the Eclipse TaskView.
- DTD Repository and Caching - Developers can work more quickly and offline with the new DTD repository and caching features. The MyEclipse XML repository ships pre-populate with a large number of common DTDs. The XML Editor and Validation tools with the configurable option for suppressing the downloading of un-cached DTDs.
- File Encoding Support - The XML Editor honors the file encoding specified by the its document.
- New XML File Wizard - Take advantage of 4 different MyEclipse XML templates when creating a new XML files.
- Deployment Features
- Linked Deployment – The MyEclipse Application Deployer now recognizes and traverses Eclipse linked folders and files. It is no longer required to make local copies of shared resources per project.
- Deployment Status Information - Displaying any deployment status messages that are returned from deploying a J2EE module to an application server to help in debugging project deployment problems.
Starting with this release, MyEclipse 3.7 will be available for all to download, including trials.