HTML Designer (WYSIWYG), HTML Tidy Integration, Enhanced CSS
and new Java Script Editors,
Struts Modeler, JSF
Editor, SunOne Connectors and Dependent project deployment for Eclipse
MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench, version 2.8.0 beta-1 for Eclipse 2.1.* is now available for immediate download. This release includes a considerable number features and enhancements, and marks a significant transition for MyEclipse into Rapid Application Development (RAD) tooling. Main enhancements include:
- RAD Tooling
- Visual HTML Designer for WYSIWYG development, real-time preview mode, and round trip source code generation. Currently available for WIN32 platform, The new integrated editor/viewer/designer offers a high productivity and full featured visual HTML development environment. Visual Struts/JSF and support for Linux and Mac OS/X are currently under development.
- Image Previewer/Browser presents fast thumbnail sized view of images in gif, jpg, png, bmp, and ico formats. Display is based on the current selected image in the workbench. This enables image browsing through an image/icons folder using arrow up/down key navigation for rapid image viewing.
- HTML formatting, validation, and error marking. A rich set of user preferences are provided for customization.
- Improved Struts wizards and introduction of Structured Element Editors. Form and Action wizards now allow specification of custom superclass or an existing class/superclass. Overall wizard design have been streamlined to improve input efficiency.
- Improved Struts Flow View. Primary enhancements include colorized nodes, resizable and repositionable nodes, customizable flow connection routing, and new auto-layout algorithm. The Flow View is currently being reengineered to serve as a complete application flow modeling solution for Struts and JSF application. The current Flow View features are a very preliminary preview of core modeler features under development.
- Java Server Faces (JSF) project support enables configuring any MyEclipse web project with JSF libraries, tag-libraries, and application configuration file.
- New and Enhanced Editors
- Enhanced Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) editor.
Feature enhancements include:
- Smart editor with content assist, syntax checking and color coding
- Outline view for easy navigation
- CSS property details
- Extensive customization and configuration options
- Enhanced Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) editor. Feature enhancements include:
- Sun Java System Application Server Connector.Support for the Sun Java System application server (8.0) is now available through a new MyEclipse server connector. This connector allows developers to configure and start/stop a server instance, deploy all MyEclipse J2EE project types, and perform JSR-045 native JSP debugging and hot-swap Java debugging. MyEclipse is the first J2EE IDE to support native JSP debugging per the JSR 045 specification and hot-sync exploded project deployment.
- Smart Dependent Project Deployment. MyEclipse J2EE project deployer now supports advanced deployment of dependent Java projects. With this release, any Java project that is on the classpath of a web project can be configured to be automatically packaged for deployment of the web project through global workspace preferences or at the web project properties level. Now hot-sync deployment will detect changed resources in dependent projects and seamlessly deploy them along with the primary project.
Please review New and Noteworthy Section and Release Notes for screen shots and enhancement/bug fixes included in the 2.8.0 Beta-1 release. Please note, that 2.8.0 is a Beta release and is only intended as an early access product. Please don't use for production development or over-write your 2.7.1 environment.
Support for Eclipse 3.0 will only be available one week after the release of Eclipse 3.0 M9.
Note: Visual HTML Designer (WYSIWYG), HTML Tidy Integration, Enhanced CSS and new Java Script Editors, Struts Modeler, JSF Editor, SunOne Connectors and Dependent project deployment for Eclipse 2.x |JSF WYSIWYG Web HTML Development struts modeler, Sun application server