The first milestone release for the MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench, version 4.0, is now available for immediate download in the Development Releases download area. This release introduces a number of new features including UML modeling, Tapestry support and an advanced Oracle connector for editing events, triggers and stored procedures. 4.0 m1 includes the following features and enhancements:
- UML Modeling support 6 UML diagrams: Use-case, Class, Collaboration, State, Activity, Deployment. MyEclipse UML also includes an Integrated Diagram Editor, Direct edit of Node and Connection details via Hot-Zones, the ability to generate Java code from models, and export models as XMI format as well as in image format: GIF, PNG, PS, EPS, SVG
- MyEclipse JSF Developer with support for Sun JSF RI 1.1.01, MyFaces 1.0.9 and Faces Config Designer all integrated with MyEclipse Hot-Sync Deployment and WAR Export Tools
- MyEclipse Hibernate enhancements including a new Hibernate Configuration editor and a Simplified Hibernate support wizard
- Tapestry integration easily adds Tapestry capabilities and dependencies to any MyEclipse Web Project including a Specification and a Template editors with auto-complete and project validation
- An advanced Oracle connector for editing events, triggers and stored procedures
Please review our New and Noteworthy section for additional details on the new features and enhancements included in this release. Also review our special announcement for this release in the MyEclipse Forum section. Please note that MyEclipse 4.0 m1 will only work with Eclipse 3.0.2. It will not work with Eclipse 3.1. In addition you must have JDK 1.5 installed to use the UML Modeler on Linux and 1.4.2_05+ or JDK 1.5 for Windows. Unfortunately, due to an Eclipse bug, our Mac users will not be able to access the UML capabilities.