MyEclipse: [Installation] Install MyEclipse using Archived Update Site
support-joy - Jun 08, 2010 - 11:56 AM
Post subject: [Installation] Install MyEclipse using Archived Update Site
This FAQ is a screenshot walkthrough of adding a MyEclipse 9.1 archived update site to eclipse 3.6.2 or eclipse 3.6.1.
- Open http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-4.html , accept License Agreement and click on the edition that you wish to download.
- This will redirect you to the download page for the chosen edition of MyEclipse. CLik on the Download button of the "Archived Update Site" section. Please ensure you verify file size and MD5 sum of the downloaded file (these are shown under the MyEclipse logo for the product.
- If you have already downloaded and installed Eclipse 3.6.2 (or 3.6.1) Classic, please go to step 5. Download Eclipse 3.6.2 Classic version from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/helios/sr2 ; Classic version is the last option listed. Click on the link *Eclipse Classic 3.6.2* and follow the instructions. Unzip the zip file to install Eclipse.
- Edit the eclipse.ini file in the eclipse folder and change the -Xmx384m value to -Xmx512m
- Open Eclipse; from menu options click on Help > Install New Software
- Click on the Add button of the "Available Software Sites" dialog.
- Enter a Name, click on the Archive button and browse for the the MyEclipse 9.1 Archived update site zip file then click the Open button
- Click on the OK button of the Add Repository dialog. This will return you to the installation dialog and the software available in the archive will be shown.
- Make sure that group items by category is selected and check the "MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench" category. You may deselect any individual plug-ins that you don't need, by expanding the group and clicking the appropriate check boxes. Click the Next button.
- You'll be presented with a list of software to be installed, just click the Next button.
- Accept the licenses that are displayed. When you're ready to install, click on the Finish button.
- Accept license agreement and follow the wizard. If there are any security warnings, click on OK.
- After installation, when prompted please choose to restart your IDE.
support-tony - Jul 25, 2011 - 11:03 AM
The above was updated for release 9.1, with screenshots from Windows 7.
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2004 The PNphpBB GroupCredits