MyEclipse: Can't open rptdesign files.
mottymotty - Jul 28, 2011 - 01:23 PM
Post subject: Can't open rptdesign files.
I am working with windows 7 64 bit on MyEclipse Version: 8.6.1
Build id: 8.6.1-20101117.
I have third party plug-in named "Subclipse 1.6" for connecting to SVN.
I can't create new Report Web Project cause I have only "Standard" license of myEclipse.
I uninstalled myEclipse and installed version 7.1.
When trying to open the rptdesign file again, I got another error message:
"Could not open the editor: Project topit_web is not configured as a MyEclipse Report Web Project. Therefore the MyEclipse Report Editor may not be used to open this file. The default XML Editor has been used instead."
I tried to stand on "topit_web" and right click - MyEclipse - Add Report Capabilities , but I could not proceed cause I have the Standard license.
support-swapna - Jul 29, 2011 - 05:55 AM
Sorry that you are seeing this issue with MyEclipse. I could not replicate the issue at my end.
1) Can you share your Build Id from Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Edition > Build Id? Paste the Build Id here.
2) Did you install any third party plugins lately ?
3) Are you creating a new Report Web Project or editing an existing one ?
4) Can you switch to a new workspace,recreate the Report Web Project and check if you see the same issue ?
Let me know how this works for you.
support-swapna - Aug 01, 2011 - 10:10 AM
1) MyEclipse Reports are not available on the standard license. Take a look at this link for more information :
2) You need to upgrade your license to be able to work with MyEclipse Reports. You can write an email to email@example.com for the same with your subscription details.
3) I suggest you work with the latest release MyEclipse 9.1.
a) You can download MyEclipse 9.1 from this link : http://www.myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=Recommend_Us&req=Download&version=ME
b) Alternatively, you can use Pulse to install it. Here is the FAQ for the same :
Let me know if you have any issues.
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2004 The PNphpBB GroupCredits