MyEclipse: Tutorial Installing WebSphere 6.1. JAX-WS. EJB 3.0
jamestthomas - Aug 18, 2011 - 06:10 PM
Post subject: Tutorial Installing WebSphere 6.1. JAX-WS. EJB 3.0
We have a Web and EAR project we have been porting from IBM tools. I wrote earlier because after first install the application ran fine, rpc web services ran but JAX_WS web services did not work. I finally decided to uninstall and re-install WebSphere. I then follwed the tutorial noted above. At this point we are running WebSphere 184.108.40.206 as per the tutorial. We need to get to 29 but I followed the tutorial closely to install everything to the best of my ability. Now, I can deploy our application and it says OK and is Exploded. However, when I start the server, it does not bring up our application. In looking at the Admin console I do NOT see our application in the Enterprise Applications window as installed. The database is connected. I have attached a portion of the deployment log which doesn't seem correct and the console view of the application deployed. We are determined to switch to this tool for the future but I need to demonstrate the project as working. I had that, now with the server reload I get Virtual host to handle / has not been defined!! Thanks again
support-swapna - Aug 19, 2011 - 04:45 AM
Sorry that you are seeing this issue.
1) The application is not deployed due to issues with deployment descriptor. So an attempt to undeploy it throws error as it is not deployed successfully.
2) Can you recheck your web.xml for the <display-name> tag's order ? The <display-name> tag should come before the <servlet-name> tag.
Ex : <servlet>
3) In case you have a filter, or filter-mapping in your WAR's deployment descriptor (web.xml), that would cause this problem. Also check for duplicate <welcome-file-list> element.
4) Take a look at this thread :
Let me know how this helps you.
jamestthomas - Aug 19, 2011 - 08:13 PM
Post subject: Deployment Descriptor Change does not work
Hello, I moved the display tags above the servlet name as you suggested. I also made a new profile to start with that. After I did that I get Error 404: No target Servlet configured - for some reason I think reloading websphere has somehow confused the environment and it is not reading the deployment descriptor. Short of drinking hemlock, I am going to try an entire new workspace. The tag order thing did not make sense to me since this application has been running 10 years with the web.xml as it was. I appreciate your help. We would like to call someone there for support. Is that possible? I believe your tool is terrific but there are configuration issues and the tutorials are very good - maybe you should have one on troubleshooting. This case might be a good one.
jamestthomas - Aug 19, 2011 - 10:01 PM
Post subject: Found web.xml not valid
Made progress - apparently what use to work for us is not valid. I corrected it and started to see some better messages. Deployment just got stuck, I finally had to shout down Eclipse. Will try again but I am getting closer. Thanks for the tip. Will report soon.
jamestthomas - Aug 22, 2011 - 08:24 PM
Post subject: Deployment never stops
Now that I have changed the web.xml and it is valid I have been trying to deploy the application. Deployment gets to a certain point
Deploying SupplierNetReleaseEar to WebSphere 6.1 [AppSrv02]: Application and module versions are validated with versions of deployment targets.
I do not know how long it will stay stuck on that. I am doing an exploded deploy. I have tried several profiles. If I give up and close MEB, when I reopen I cannot deploy the application as an option yet it does not appear in servers. The deployment descriptor does not say much. As I wait, here is the deployment log attached.
jamestthomas - Aug 22, 2011 - 08:45 PM
Post subject: Finally Deployed - site still does not come up
This can't be too hard, I know I'm close. The app FINALLY said it was deployed. But when I started the server - the error was the same I got at the top of this thread. Can we get any technical assistance on the phone. I'm about ready to tell them to scrap this tool and go back to RAD. What a shame. Is there accelerated support? I'll keep trying. Currently I do not see the application loaded under Enterprise Applications. I am deploying it packaged so I can try to install the ear I get, but I shouldn't be going through this. Advice Please?
jamestthomas - Aug 22, 2011 - 09:16 PM
Post subject: Logs when trying to install Ear to server
Here is where everything stops from the console and the admin console perspective. Here I was trying to load the Ear file I created when deploying in package mode. Since it didn't really install, I went into the console and attempted to load our EAR that way - just to see what might be wrong.
support-tony - Aug 24, 2011 - 09:34 AM
I'm not clear on what you tried in that last post. If you didn't try this, could you do so, as it may help discover what the problem is:
From the Websphere administrative console, ensure that the application is uninstalled, then delete the EAR from the installedapps directory.
Select the enterprise application project, right click and select Export, then select EAR file as the type of export and follow the wizard to export the EAR to somewhere in the file system.
Install the exported EAR from the Websphere administrative console.
It looks like, from what you called the administrative console, that the application was successfully updated, so you may have tried this without first uninstalling it.
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2004 The PNphpBB GroupCredits