mvellayan - Oct 05, 2011 - 09:38 PM
For testing, I did a clean download of all-in-one 9.1 workbench and installed the 32-bit version on two computers. I imported the project from JS_Mario.zip (http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/js_mario.zip) and started it in debug mode.
It hangs on Windows vista-64 bit OS. It works fine in Windows 7 -64 bit OS !! Is there anything I can do to get it unstuck on Vista? That is my development environment.
support-joy - Oct 05, 2011 - 10:22 PM
Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. To investigate further, could you answer below queries -
1. At the time of installation did you choose 64 bit / 32 bit installer? In case you chose 64 bit installer for Vista. I would recommend you install ME 9.1 using 32 bit installer and give it a shot
2. You mention that JSMario example project is getting stuck on Vista. Could you elaborate, at which point it is getting stuck?
3. Please include screenshots of the issue to help me get a visual
4. Copy and paste installation details of both your vista and windows 7 system. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and copy and paste the same here
5. Clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate issue and attach the file here
mvellayan - Oct 06, 2011 - 04:56 PM
Jay, thanks for you reply. Here are the answers to your question.
1. From the all-in-on installer (myeclipse-9.1-offline-installer-windows.exe, 935MB), I choose 32 bit install. It clearly said that java script debugging was not supported in the 64 bit version.
2. Getting stuck.
3. Here is a copy of line 9's frozen screen.
4. Attached Installation Summary.txt
5. Attached .log file
mvellayan - Oct 07, 2011 - 05:06 PM
Not sure if this adds more insight. If I start the eclipse with -console option, then I get this output. After I started the app in debug mode, the last three lines were outputted.
support-joy - Oct 07, 2011 - 07:17 PM
Thanks for the details. I shall investigate and get back to you on this.
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2004 The PNphpBB GroupCredits