MyEclipse: Matisse design tab is empty
javaboy88 - Oct 17, 2011 - 05:45 PM
Post subject: Matisse design tab is empty
I'm attempting to add an element to an existing form. However, when I open the form, there is nothing on the design tab (blank) and nothing in the outline area. I've googled this issue, but found nothing relevant. As far as I can tell, I have the software for Matisse and I'm using the Matisse perspective. I've tried creating a new form according to the tutorial, but it's blank too and I'm cannot drag anything from the Matisse Palette.
support-swapna - Oct 18, 2011 - 05:48 AM
Sorry that you are seeing this issue with MyEclipse.
1) Can you share your Build ID from Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench > Build ID ? Paste the Build ID here.
2) For the new Form, you need to use the load and drop instead of drag and drop to add controls to the form. Select the control from the Palatte, hold and then drop it on to the form.
3) For the issue with existing form, on the source-tab of matisse does everything look fine and does the source compile and work as expected ?
4) Close the form, clear the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log, now open the form again and paste the contents of the .log file here.
Let me know how it works for you.
javaboy88 - Oct 18, 2011 - 02:21 PM
Version and build id:
Build id: 8.6-20100806
I was following your instructions this morning ... when I got to number 4, the form opened and the design is now visible. Some kind of magic (lol). The only change since yesterday is that I have restarted my computer.
Thanks for your assistance,
support-swapna - Oct 19, 2011 - 03:25 AM
Glad that it is working.
Do let us know if you have any other issues.
ehodges - Jun 05, 2012 - 08:50 PM
I'm getting the same behavior on Version: 10.1, Build id: 10.1-20120316. Nothing is written to the .log file. The design tab is completely empty, no tool bar or anything. The Properties tab is empty, too.
A few of my .form files show components in the design tab, but the vast majority don't.
support-swapna - Jun 06, 2012 - 08:16 AM
Sorry that you are seeing this issue.
1. Can you share with us the details of what components are there on the form ? You can see the list in the Outline tab.
2. Can you send us a screenshot of the MyEclipse Swing/Matisse Perspective with clear view of Outline tab for us to help get a visual.
ehodges - Jun 06, 2012 - 04:11 PM
Here's a screen shot of one of them. It's a JPanel with 3 labels and 2 combo boxes.
support-swapna - Jun 08, 2012 - 12:15 PM
Thank you for the screenshot.
1. In the Outline view, I see a component with "null" under JPanel. Can you let us know what exactly it is ? Can you delete it and see what the effect is on the rest of the form?
2. Can you attach the form and the java class for us to take a look ? If you have the time you can replicate the problem in a simpler form and send it to us for further investigation.
3. I could not replicate the issue at my end with a JPanel and the components listed by you.
Attached is the screenshot for your reference.
ehodges - Jun 08, 2012 - 04:41 PM
The "null" is the null layout, I believe.
I can't send you any code.
We changed the order of some unrelated libraries in another project and it forced a thorough rebuild. After that rebuild, Matisse seems to be working again. Other developers have run into this problem repeatedly.
support-swapna - Jun 11, 2012 - 07:26 AM
Glad that it is working fine now. I could not replicate the issue at my end with a null layout.
The next time you see the issue, please right click on the "null" element in the Outline view and send us the screenshot of what exactly it is.
Let us know if you have any issues.
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2004 The PNphpBB GroupCredits