MyEclipse: Error while creating new Java Maven Project
anilvjava - Mar 18, 2012 - 11:26 AM
Post subject: Error while creating new Java Maven Project
I have the issue while creating a Maven project through MyEclipse.
Prompted Error is :
Unable to create project from archetype [org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-quickstart:RELEASE -> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2]
Failed to generate project from old archetype
Here is the log:
3/18/12 2:12:36 PM GST: Unable to update index for central|http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
3/18/12 2:12:34 PM GST: Updating index central|http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
3/18/12 2:12:36 PM GST: Unable to download Repository[d9d714e11cb097b3ffcec91cccc65d3e|http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/.index]/nexus-maven-repository-index.properties: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
support-swapna - Mar 19, 2012 - 07:43 AM
Sorry that you are seeing this issue.
Can you please give us some more details ?
1) Can you please share the installation details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details ? Paste them here for us.
2) Are you behind a firewall/proxy ? Did you setup proxy host/port in the MyEclipse network connections Window>properties>General>Network Connections?
3) Do you have an open internet connection ?
4) There are additional proxy settings for maven.
Go to MyEclipse->Preferences->Maven4Myeclipse->User Settings. There you will see the file used for user settings (named, settings.xml). That file (which may not yet exist, in which case, create it) should look something like this, when configuring the proxy:
Of course, you need to set the elements for your particular situation; the above is just an example.
5) If you are still seeing the issue, then clear the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log. Now try to create a new Maven project, replicate the issue and attach the .log file for us to investigate further.
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2004 The PNphpBB GroupCredits