MyEclipse: Hot swap is not working with myeclipse 9 + WAS7
khushwindermyeclipse - May 17, 2012 - 06:35 AM
Post subject: Hot swap is not working with myeclipse 9 + WAS7
We are using myeclipse in a quite big organization, i just want to know if while debugging we change some java class(add/edit new code) , why myeclipse restarts? Does not it supports hot swapping? IF yes how we can achieve this? Pleas suggest any idea. Our application is very large and it takes about 15 mins to redeploy if we want to do redeploy.
support-swapna - May 17, 2012 - 08:23 AM
Sorry that you are seeing this issue.
Can you please answer some more questions for us?
1. Can you share the Installation Details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details ? Paste them here for us.
2. Is the WAS 7 server running in Debug mode and deployment connection Classic Mode (Exploded mode) ? Also check if "Build Automatically" is turned on.
3. If you are working with MyEclipse 9.1, can you try deploying using the In-Workspace mode and check if it works for you?
If you are on ME 9.0, then I suggest you go to MyEclipse Configuration Center > Software > Software Available , check 9.1, apply the changes and restart the IDE when it prompts.
Now try deploying using the In-Workspace mode.
Let us know how it works for you.
khushwindermyeclipse - May 17, 2012 - 12:46 PM
1) I am attaching the file for installations details.
2) yes- WAS 7 server running in Debug mode
yes- deployment connection Classic Mode (Exploded mode) ?
turned on - Also check if "Build Automatically" is turned on.
3) Yes i am using version 9.1. But don't know how to use In-Workspace mode.
4) We are not using ME.
Support-Brian - May 18, 2012 - 02:09 PM
Hot - swap is supported, but it would depend on the type of change made. This isn't something controlled by MyEclipse but really just depends on the WAS and the JVM being used to run it. On our side, we make sure the re-compiled classes are placed in the correct location.
Whether hot swap works (or not) depends on the type of change you are making - some changes will be automatically picked up, but some may not. For example, could you try a simple dummy method with a String return value? If you change this return value to something else and save the file, this should certainly work. However, adding new methods, changing signatures and adding or removing classes will typically not work. What changes are you trying to make?
The in-workspace mode is supported in MyEclipse 9.1, if you go to the profile configuration page, you will see an option that allows you to switch from the Classic mode to this. However, I would recommend using 10.1 as many fixes were made for this deployment mode in the 10.x series.
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2004 The PNphpBB GroupCredits