MyEclipse: 10.1 closes when selecting a new workspace
mongonv - Jun 12, 2012 - 03:48 PM
Post subject: 10.1 closes when selecting a new workspace
In ME 10.1 when opening what had been a ME 8.6 workspace folder via File / Switch Workplace by using the browse and selecting the new folder for the first time, ME closes completely instead of switching to the new workspace.
When ME 10.1 is opened again the selected folder is the default in the workspace select window. Subsequent opens of the workspace work properly, it seems to only be the first time switching and not sure if it has anything to do with being a 8.6 workspace or just any existing one.
This is using the ME 10.1 build 10.1-20120316 64 bit version on Windows 7 64 bit.
support-swapna - Jun 13, 2012 - 06:36 AM
Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I could not replicate the issue at my end.
1. Can you confirm that the issue happened only once ?
2. Can you please try creating a new workspace with 8.6, create a simple project in it and then switching to it with 10.1 ?
Let us know how this works for you.
mongonv - Jun 13, 2012 - 03:38 PM
It had done it twice in a row on two versions of our system in different folders for different clients, but essentially the same original workspace copied and worked on in 8.6 for some time. When they were selected as a different workspace for the first time in 10.1, 10.1 just closed and when reopened the selected workspace was the default and reopened with no other issues.
I just created a simple workspace in 8.6, closed it, started 10.1 and selected it as a new in 10.1 workspace and it opened correctly without closing. So I am not sure what is the issue with our existing work spaces, so if I come up with some duplicatable I will let you know.
mongonv - Jun 19, 2012 - 06:46 PM
Now that I have been playing with the 10.1 more, the problem with it closing when switching projects is not just when upgrading.
Any time I open one of the our major workspaces that came from 8.6 it fully closes ME 10.1 and when I open ME 10.1 again the project selected to switch to is the current selection in the workspace to open list.
So there is something that is causing it to not flow through to opening a selected different workspace.
Let me know if you have any ideas on what to look at or send you for you to evaluate.
support-swapna - Jun 20, 2012 - 12:21 PM
Can you give us additional information to help us investigate further ?
1. Do you see the issue with all the 8.6 workspaces you have or only with couple of major ones ?
2. Can you try copying one of the 8.6 workspaces, deleting all projects and then switching to it ? If you see the same problem, you could send it to us (the copy with projects deleted).
3. Alternatively if you can send us a workspace that exhibits the problem, that would be helpful. You can email the workspace to email@example.com along with the reference to this thread.
4. Can you also send us the .log file for the 10.1 workspace which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log and also the recent logs from Genuitec/Common/logs ?
mongonv - Jun 20, 2012 - 05:08 PM
1) Seems to only be the series of large project workspaces I have not all of them.
2) I copied one that was showing the problem, removed the projects and the problem did not appear. The odd thing is that once it successfully switched, then it would open the ones that were not switching without closing the full app. Once it started working it worked for another number of cycles (6-8) and then started not working again. I have down a couple dozen switching cycles and have not found a pattern as to why sometimes the ones will fail do not fail every time even when the app is fully closed an reopened.
3) I have not been able get a stripped out workspaces to fail, so don't have one of them to send you and cannot send the full workspace with all its code.
4) I have attached the .log from the workspace from right after a failure. I do not have log file/folder in my genuitec/common folder. I do have install folders, one for 8.6 (genuitec) and one for testing the 10.1 (genuitec test). The commons is in the 8.6 area and the 10.1 area does not have a commons folder, not sure if that has anything to do with the issue or not.
Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.
support-swapna - Jun 21, 2012 - 12:27 PM
Thank you for the log file and details. The issue might be related to the projects in the workspace but there is nothing in the log file which points to the same.
1. Can you please update to MyEclipse 10.5 which released last week and check if you are seeing the same issue? The license you hold currently is valid for 10.5 too as our licenses are time based and not version based. You can choose to install 10.5 along side the 10.1 or update to 10.5 from MyEclipse Configuration Center.
Here is the link to download MyEclipse 10.5 :
2. If possible can you install Eclipse 3.7.2 and check if Eclipse can open it the first time to rule out any issues with Eclipse ?
Let us know how it works for you.
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2004 The PNphpBB GroupCredits