MyEclipse: Confusion over MyEclipse products
Hai113 - Jun 28, 2012 - 05:26 PM
Post subject: Confusion over MyEclipse products
OK, I can't stand it anymore. I'm very disappointed with this MyEclipse Bling v10.1 product. Here is the list of things I hate the most:
1. I'm owning MyEclipse Bling edition but when I start it up, it shows MyEclipse Blue Edition, even in Help and About. Lolz. I don't care if Blue and Bling use the same core, etc... but Bling is Bling and Blue should be Blue only. What did your testers do???
2. After I create a simple web project and add it into MyEclipse tomcat server (not started yet). Everytime I save a properties file, it shows up an error message (NullPointerException)
3. When I switch workspace, it shows up an error message: myeclipse java was started but returned exit code=1..... If it doesn't show that error message then nothing happens and I need to start MyEclipse manually.
4. I tried to setup a hibernate + spring project and got some really big problems:
- Create a web project and enable Spring DSL and Hibernate (datasource is MySQL), everything is fine until I choose to do Hibernate Reverse Engineering to generate POJO only (Java Data Access Object is unticked and java src folder is /src), it will show up the error message like in point 3. After I restart the program, I can see 2 generated folders (1 in src and 1 in generated folder) and there are DAO, DAOImpl and DAOTest classes too!!!
- Even if the program doesn't quit by JVM problem, when I do Hibernate Reverse Engineering, it will replace MySQL datasource information with MyEclipse Derby information
Please take note that I'm using JDK which came along with the product and I've tried to increase memory of MyEclipse Bling and JVM. I have a powerful computer so performance is not a problem here.
I'm very frustrating because I can't do anything good with this product. I'm switching to Appfuse or SpringSource Tool while waiting for your answers
support-swapna - Jun 29, 2012 - 07:35 AM
Sorry that you are seeing issues with Bling. I have escalated the request for change in title to the dev team.
This is the first time we have seen the other issues you have mentioned in Bling 10.1.
Can you please switch to a new workspace and check if you still see the same issues?
If yes then can you please try to reinstall the 10.1 ? Open MyEclipse 10 installer file, double click on the same. Next you could choose to repair your MyEclipse profile or create another copy of MyEclipse. Switch to a new workspace and check if the issues exist.
If the problems continue to exist even after a reinstall or repair, we will need more information about each one to investigate along with the installation details.
1. Can you please copy paste the Installation Details here from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details ?
2. For issue no 2: Clear the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log,create a simple web project and try deploying it to ME Tomcat.Please copy paste the contents of the .log file here for us to investigate further.
3. For issue no 3 : Please attach the .log file as suggested above. Clear the contents of the .log file, replicate the issue and attach it.
Let us know how it works for you.
Support-Brian - Jun 29, 2012 - 09:02 PM
1) Bling as Blue
This hasn't been missed by testing but is intentional. I agree, however, that this can be confusing / misleading so we will look at fixing this shortly.
2) Null pointer exception
Could you please paste the stack trace for this error here? It will appear in the log file - details on where this file can be found are in Swapna's previous reply.
3) The log file will help here, I can't say we've seen this issue before.
4) I believe the problem here is using a mixture of tooling that exists in MyEclipse Blue and some of the generation tooling that is specific to Bling (we are looking at ways of making this more explicit)
To reverse engineer using the Bling tooling that you have already set up, you need to use MyEclipse > Scaffold Spring CRUD Application from the projects context menu and then choose "Database Schema" in the wizard.
Could you explain the problem about the IDE quitting with the JVM problem? Does it just crash to desktop during use? If so, can you send us the log fiel that is in the JVM folder corresponding to the crash?
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused and the obviously bad experience; I hope we are able to resolve your issues in short order.
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2004 The PNphpBB GroupCredits