MyEclipse: How to get rid of this Error message?
harryajh - Jul 13, 2012 - 08:51 AM
Post subject: How to get rid of this Error message?
Using ME 8.5 on win 7 32bit
I keep getting this annoying error message in the "Problems" window -
Description Resource Path Location Type
Problem with driver "Derby Embedded JDBC Driver 10.0 Default." (Error: Unable to locate JAR/zip in file system as specified by the driver definition: C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Common\plugins\org.apache.derby.core_10.3.1.4\derby.jar.) Derby Embedded JDBC Driver 10.0 Default Driver Problems
I don't use Derby and have no need to but although it doesn't cause any problems I'd like to have an empty "Problems" list - I can't find anywhere to disable it?
Deleted it directly in the window but it comes back every restart
How do I get rid of it?
support-joy - Jul 13, 2012 - 10:40 AM
Have you check-out any of the EOD examples from MyEclipse IDE menu options - MyEclipse > Examples on Demand which could be using Derby database? MyEclipse provides an integrated sandbox version of Derby. What I would recommend is you do the following -
1. From MyEclipse IDE menu options click on Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Servers > Integrated Sandbox > MyEclipse Derby.
2. Click on [Restore MyEclipse Derby Driver] and next [Restore Sample Database].
3. Next click on [Apply] and [Ok]. This should fix it.
4. You could also uncheck "Automatically launch server on JDBC connection" and [Apply] and [OK]
Let me know how this works for you.
harryajh - Jul 16, 2012 - 01:48 PM
Hi Joy, tried that but still get error message as above
support-joy - Jul 16, 2012 - 02:47 PM
Did you try quick-fix in the problems overview? I would recommend you clear your console and retry. The next time this appears, try quick-fix. In case this is still an issue, please include below details -
1. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details > [Copy to Clipboard] and paste the same here
2. Are you behind firewall / proxy? If yes, please setup the same here - window > preferences > general > network connections and retry.
3. Clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and attach file here
4. Attach a screenshot of the issue to help me get a visual.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
harryajh - Jul 30, 2012 - 10:32 AM
sorry forgot to post back, this seems to have resolved it now - thanks!
support-joy - Jul 30, 2012 - 11:16 AM
Good to hear you are all set. Let me know if you have any other queries.
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Powered by PNphpBB2
© 2003-2004 The PNphpBB GroupCredits