MyEclipse Forums
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
rwells@emcien.com
Post subject: JSTL 1.1 - bad XSD ref. in JWSDP [Closed]  PostPosted: Nov 11, 2004 - 10:30 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member


Joined: Feb 16, 2004
Posts: 25

I had this in another thread but it was marked closed, so posting here.

I've tried your test project for JSTL at

http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rsk/myeclipse/TestJSTL1.1.zip

, but I noticed you didn't have the JSTL 1.1 TLD files in your WEB-INF. It seems that if you try and use the the 1.1 TLD files the TLD editor seems to think these files are malformed in some way. Or atleast that is what I am getting.

The error reported in the problem description is...
"cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'taglib'"

Is there anything special required to get the MyElcipse TLD editor to recognize schema based tld files?

Roy Wells
 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Reply with quote Back to top
support-scott
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 12, 2004 - 04:52 AM
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: May 06, 2003
Posts: 6761

Roy,

If the new files refer to a custom schema you should add them to the XML Catalog at Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Editors > XML > XML Catalog.

_________________
--Scott
MyEclipse Support
 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Reply with quote Back to top
rwells@emcien.com
Post subject: TLD File Schema  PostPosted: Nov 12, 2004 - 03:37 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member


Joined: Feb 16, 2004
Posts: 25

These are the standard TLD files from sun for the JSTL 1.1 Taglibraries coming from the JWSDP distribution. I even see the entry in the XML Catalog referring to the appropriate schema location.

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-jsptaglibrary_2_0.xsd

do Taglibraries for the latest servlet spec not work?

to recreate what I'm seeing. Take the TestJSTL1.1 project i mentioned and import the JSTL 1.1 tld files into the WEB-INF directory.

Roy Wells
 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Reply with quote Back to top
support-michael
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2004 - 03:06 PM
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: May 05, 2003
Posts: 1043

What version of MyEclipse are you using for this evaluation?

I am not able to replicate this behavior with the latest ME 3.8.2 release.

_________________
Michael
MyEclipse Support
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
rwells@emcien.com
Post subject: My Platform  PostPosted: Nov 15, 2004 - 02:11 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member


Joined: Feb 16, 2004
Posts: 25

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.0.1
Build id: 200409161125Eclipse Platform

MyEclipse Help Documentation

Version: 3.8.2
Build id: 200409171200-3.8.2

Windows Server 2003

The steps I followed ...

1) created a webproject.

2) imported jstl.jar and standard.jar from the latest download of Java Web Services Developer Pack.

3) imported c.tld from the same web services developer pack.

4) problem marker shows up on c.tld.

I can however import c-1_0.tld with out any problems.

Thanks for the help.
 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Reply with quote Back to top
rwells@emcien.com
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2004 - 02:26 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member


Joined: Feb 16, 2004
Posts: 25

I figured it out..

the tld's from Sun have this in the xsi:schemalocation

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee web-jsptaglibrary_2_0.xsd"

however if you change it to

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-jsptaglibrary_2_0.xsd"

the problem markers go away.

I would assume both are probably valid but tld editor only likes the latter version.

Roy Wells.
 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Reply with quote Back to top
support-michael
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2004 - 12:20 PM
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: May 05, 2003
Posts: 1043

Thanks for the feedback. In my 1st reply I tried the exact steps using with JSTL 1.1 (standard 1.2 from Jakarta) and it worked w/o issue. So I was assuming either the TLD or something else was incorrect. I'm glad this is working for you.

_________________
Michael
MyEclipse Support
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Display posts from previous:     
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 © 2003-2004 The PNphpBB Group
Credits