- Initial UML Sequence Diagram Support (Technology Preview) - Look for further improvements for sequences diagrams in 4.1 Milestone 2.
- Drag-n-drop support from Palette to Visual Web Designer
- Drag-n-drop support from Snippets view to Visual Web Designer
- Spring/Hibernate Project Capabilities Integration
- Reverse-engineer DB schema directly to Spring Hibernate SessionFactory
- New Bean, DataSource, SessionFactory wizards
- Spring Bean Editor
- New grid mode
- Create new bean definitions by drag-n-drop Javabean class from Package Explorer onto editor
- New Spring mode for Outline View - depicts Spring specific structure of a bean XML file and provides editing actions
- New Hibernate Mapping Editor and custom Outline View
- Zoom ability in Visual Web Designer
- Added Quick Launch/Relaunch toolbar action
Instructions for updating MyEclipse 4.0.x to 4.1 M1:
- From the main Eclipse menubar select Help > Software Updates > Find and Install...
- Select "Search for new features to install..." and click Next
- Click "New Remote Site...". For the name enter "MyEclipse 4.1 Milestones" and for the URL enter <small>http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/updates-4.1-milestones/</small>
- Make sure the new entry is checked and click Finish
- On the next page select MyEclipse 4.1 Milestones
- Expand the details under MyEclipse 4.1 Milestones and you should see version 4.0.100, which is the build version for 4.1M1
- Click Next
- Read and accept the license agreement and click Next.
- MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 4.0.100 should be listed in "Features to Install". Click Finish to begin the installation.
- After the update completes, allow Eclipse to restart as recommended
- Verify the new version is installed by selecting MyEclipse > About MyEclipse from the main menubar. The version should be listed as '4.0.100 M1' with a build id of '20051103-4.1-Milestone1'
If you encounter any problems with features of MyEclipse being unavailable upon restart, the issue is likely that the Eclipse plugin cache needs to be rebuilt as it can become stale after an update. To
rebuild the plugin cache and resolve the issue you'll need to shutdown Eclipse and restart it one time with the -clean command line option (ie. eclipse.exe -clean).
Note: MyEclipse 4.1 M1 introduces many new features including UML Sequence Diagram Support, advanced drag and drop capabilities, Spring/Hibernate Project Capabilities Integration, New Hibernate Mapping Editor, Zoom ability in Visual Web Designer and advanced server management | UML sequence Spring Hibernate Eclipse Plugin EJB