The release of MyEclipse 5.1 is now available for immediate installation. Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX support is available. Please review New and Noteworthy before download.
The MyEclipse 5.1 release includes enhancements and bug fixes for the MyEclipse environment over the previous 5.0 GA release, including:
- Eclipse 3.2.1 compatability
- All-in-One Installer, including MyEclipse 5.1, Eclipse 3.2.1 & Java 5 JRE
- 130+ bug fixes
- Wizard to create Web Service Client from any WSDL file, local or remote (URL)
- Upgraded Web Services XFire to latest release (1.2.2)
- Matisse4MyEclipse now supports custom user forms, custom controls, improved usability
- Integration of Spring IDE 1.3.6
- Supports user deployment of prepackaged EJBs along with MyEclipse enterprise projects
- Improved Sybase SQL syntax support
- Improved stability issues of Visual Web Designer on Linux
- Improved validation framework performance; JSP now 7x faster and includes the ability to exclude resources from validation
- Enhanced Hibernate HQL Editor supports multi-project configuration
- Optimized application redeployment feature that provides reload effect and virutally eliminates common appserver Jar locking issues
- Web 2.0 Browser now with HTTPS support
- New Tomcat 6 Server Connector
- MyEclipse now fully I18N enabled
- And more!
Though Matisse4MyEclipse is fully integrated into MyEclipse, Macintosh users will be unable to utilize the Matisse4MyEclipse, MyUML, Ajax debugger, Web 2.0 browser and MyEclipse Image Editor functions due to the long-standing Eclipse SWT_AWT bug #145890.
The MyEclipse 5.1 release is available to all free trial users. Please see the installation instructions above for instructions on how to try out MyEclipse!
Please view a full list of MyEclipse Features for a more comprehensive overview of MyEclipse's capabilities. MyEclipse is becoming the default IDE for developers seeking to create sophisticated Java and J2EE applications using standards-based tools. By the end of 2007, Genuitec estimates that between eight hundred thousand and one million users will have downloaded and tried MyEclipse. The value of having a seamlessly integrated and tested platform with ready technical support makes MyEclipse the leading developer choice in Java development.Installation - IMPORTANT!
MyEclipse 5.1 is based off of Eclipse 3.2.1.
***If you already have Eclipse 3.2.1 installed on your system, you will need to download only the MyEclipse upgrade labeled "Plugin" found in the Downloads area.
***If you have not yet upgraded to Eclipse 3.2.1, the new MyEclipse All-in-One Installer will bring you up to speed in all necessary components, including Eclipse 3.2.1, MyEclipse 5.1, and Java 5 JRE in one install. The All-in-One installer is available in the downloads section as well. Please select the "All-in-One" download option to fully update your system.
***Note: the All-in-One Installer is currently available for Windows users only. Mac and Linux users will need to install Eclipse 3.2.1 and then install MyEclipse 5.1.