MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to Feature Requests
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mfkilgore
Post subject: Support for Websphere 6.1 and JSR-286  PostPosted: Dec 18, 2008 - 02:50 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

With JSR-286 final and Websphere (6.1) among many others now supporting it, it is critical that the tools be upgraded now. What are your plans for JSR-286, and/or what can be done to accelerate (even in early release) integrated support for JSR-286? Note that RAD 7.5 currently has this support making this request all the more urgent.

Thanks in advance,

Reply with quote Back to top
support-nipun
Post subject: RE: Support for Websphere 6.1 and JSR-286  PostPosted: Dec 18, 2008 - 05:28 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

mfkilgore,
I'll make a note of this as a feature request and keep you updated on the progress of this issue.

mfkilgore
Post subject: RE: Support for Websphere 6.1 and JSR-286  PostPosted: Dec 22, 2008 - 03:14 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Nipun,

Thank you, I know you just had a release and we are heading into the holidays, please do keep me informed on any progress on this. Related, would you happen to know if the eclipse-portalpack plugin (https://eclipse-portalpack.dev.java.net) is compatible with myeclipse? Based on past experience with plugins and knowing that this plugin probably relies on and extends a standard eclipse default project, I would guess no. This plugin may be a good place for your integration efforts to start...

mfkilgore
Post subject: RE: Support for Websphere 6.1 and JSR-286  PostPosted: May 27, 2009 - 08:38 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Nipun,

I am looking at 7.5 M1 and it looks very good. The support for integrating/sharing RAD projects (no more migration) is a very critical addition. What I did not see, and hope that I simply missed it, is support for JSR 286 portlet development. Without that I will be stuck in the RAD environment going forward for some time... I am hoping that either I missed this feature or it will be released in 7.5 final. Please let me know.

Thanks,

mfkilgore
Post subject: RE: Support for Websphere 6.1 and JSR-286  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2009 - 11:55 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Is there any update on this topic specifically support for 286 portlets in websphere? Maybe something to look forward to in the upcoming 8.0 release?

support-joy
Post subject: RE: Support for Websphere 6.1 and JSR-286  PostPosted: Aug 19, 2009 - 07:04 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

mfkilgore,

I will have to clarify this with the dev team members. I will get back to you on this.

support-nipun
Post subject: RE: Support for Websphere 6.1 and JSR-286  PostPosted: Aug 19, 2009 - 05:58 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Im afraid support for 286 portlets in websphere is not coming in 8.0 (too much other stuff to do) but it's very important to us for 8.0++ for Blue. Thank you for your patience.

mfkilgore
Post subject: RE: Support for Websphere 6.1 and JSR-286  PostPosted: Apr 01, 2010 - 02:00 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Nipun, Can you update me on this topic. Is there 286 portlet support in the new 8.5? I will happily reload my version of Blue if this is the case.

thanks,

support-joy
Post subject: RE: Support for Websphere 6.1 and JSR-286  PostPosted: Apr 06, 2010 - 06:42 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Hi,

Yes, 286 portlet support is available on ME Blue 8.5. Please give it a shot.

Best.

Jump to: