MyEclipse Forums
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PaulHeitkemper
Post subject: having trouble searching for an old post of mine  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2009 - 03:34 PM

I can't find an post from a couple of months ago. It was regarding 7.5 crashing all the time. I tried to search on my name, but I only get the message I just updated today.

Thanks,
Paul Heitkemper

Reply with quote Back to top
support-joy
Post subject: RE: having trouble searching for an old post of mine  PostPosted: Nov 04, 2009 - 09:20 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Paul,

To look for a post you can use below options -
1. Click on [Search], next enter your search string/ author name to narrow down your search
2. If you know the authorname, you can click on the link of the author. This will redirect you to the next page where you will have a link to "Find all posts by XXX"

PaulHeitkemper
Post subject: RE: having trouble searching for an old post of mine  PostPosted: Nov 04, 2009 - 02:28 PM

Regardless, are you trying to tell me that I have to find my post to use it to find my posts?

I guess by implication, I could make a "fake post" in order to get the "Author" link you circled in pic 3, in order to do the "find all posts..." link in pic 4. I don't want to do that, and I can't imagine you want that either. Why can't I get the results I want from "Search for Author" in your first screen cap?

support-nipun
Post subject: RE: having trouble searching for an old post of mine  PostPosted: Nov 05, 2009 - 03:53 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Quote:

Regardless, are you trying to tell me that I have to find my post to use it to find my posts?

What Joy has suggested is one of the ways of finding your posts. You could also enter "PaulHeitkemper" in the "Search for Author" box and locate your posts.

Was the 7.5 crashing thread started with the same user ID? We dont delete any of the old posts so if it was posted, it should still be there.

PaulHeitkemper
Post subject: RE: having trouble searching for an old post of mine  PostPosted: Nov 05, 2009 - 04:39 PM

Quote:

You could also enter "PaulHeitkemper" in the "Search for Author" box and locate your posts.

Sorry about my bad editing skills. "Regardless" used to have some more explanation before it- must've fat-fingered something. I did try to search by author. I tried various versions of "PaulHeitkemper", "Paul Heitkemper", "Paul*Heitkemper", "*Heitkemper", even regex stuff like "Paul.Heitkemper", ".*Heitkemper", etc. I got nothing.

I found an old email notification on my end which enabled me to get the url for the message about errors during renaming.

I tried searching my email archives, and the other message is either gone, or I forgot to check "notify me when a reply is posted." I just found that default in the profile, so I won't make that mistake again- if in fact that's what it was.

Quote:
Was the 7.5 crashing thread started with the same user ID? We dont delete any of the old posts so if it was posted, it should still be there.

I don't recall having a separate forum userId. It would've been to the same email address. Is there a way to look that up?

support-nipun
Post subject: RE: having trouble searching for an old post of mine  PostPosted: Nov 06, 2009 - 10:58 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Quote:

I don't recall having a separate forum userId. It would've been to the same email address. Is there a way to look that up?

Im afraid there is no way to look it up.

Can you repost your query. We will try and provide you with a solution again,

Jump to: