MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to General Development
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
michielbakker
Post subject: myeclipse-tutorial2 - CustomerBean instantiation exception  PostPosted: Nov 13, 2007 - 08:38 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Hi,

I'm currently trying out several examples amongst the one in "MyEclipse ICEfaces Tutorial".
I followed all the steps and finally when running te example I get te following error:

javax.faces.FacesException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: could not find UIData referenced by attribute dataScroller@for = 'customerDataTable'

As this indicates to the "for" attribute in the Data Paginator component, I thought removing the Data Paginator component to make sure that the error would not be displayed again. Then I tried running the app again and this time I got the following exception:

javax.faces.FacesException: java.lang.InstantiationException: org.icefaces.ui.CustomerBean

I inspected the CustomerBean.java file I created and I cannot find why I get this exception . I just followed the tutorial.

I'm using the default JDK and Tomcat engine that is built in MyEclipse Workbench Version: 6.0.1 GA Build id: 6.0.1-GA-200710 (the full installer).

Instead of using Toplink, I used Hibernate as in one of the previous tutorials I walked through (Learn to use the Java Persistence Tools (JPA)) I got several exceptions when I used Toplink in the example. Hibernate solved it.

Can someone explain to me why I get this error the CustomerBean instantiation exception and the first one on top of my post regarding the attribute dataScroller@for?

In the attachement te whole example is included.

Thanks.

Reply with quote Back to top
michielbakker
Post subject: RE: myeclipse-tutorial2 - CustomerBean instantiation excepti  PostPosted: Nov 15, 2007 - 07:09 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Hi,

Ahum, guess I am in the wrong forum. Anyway I figured out that (ahum) downloading the sources from the examples site, I got the tutorial project running.

osamait
Post subject: RE: myeclipse-tutorial2 - CustomerBean instantiation excepti  PostPosted: Jan 28, 2010 - 11:12 AM

Hi,

Try to change the CustomerBean into Customer (As the name of the bean created by the JPA generator)

Jump to: