MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to General Development
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rob2
Post subject: Add Bean  PostPosted: Jan 29, 2009 - 09:13 PM

Hi,

I have a problem, mabye it is just me who does not understand this. I have a jar containing visual java beans. In netbeans I can go to tools and do "add from jar", which gives me the option to add custom components from an external jar. I MyEclipse I suppose the "Choose Bean" should do the same, but I can not make it work. I click the "Choose Bean" node and get a dialog, but I can not add anything here. I have added my Jar to the "Build Path" in my eclipse as an external jar. The bean I want to add is a simple button in com.rsutils.swingtest.TestButton, but when I type this (com.rsutils.swingtest.TestButton) into the "Choose Bean" dialog nothing hapen. I can add this in Netbeans just fine. What an I missing.

Thanks

Rob

Reply with quote Back to top
support-nipun
Post subject: RE: Add Bean  PostPosted: Jan 30, 2009 - 04:11 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Rob,
Can you PM me a sample jar file so that I can test this at my end. You can hit the PM button at the bottom of my post and send me the jar.

bernd
Post subject: adding bean to matisse palette  PostPosted: Oct 06, 2009 - 12:19 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Hi @ll,
is there anything new on this topic? I'am using 7.5-20090609 am winXP prof. I get the 'choose bean' dialog too. Nothing happens after entering a class. On Netbeans the Beans are working fine in Matisse.

bernd
Post subject: A workaround  PostPosted: Oct 06, 2009 - 01:27 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The following instructions allow to use a custom component in matisse, but do not add annything to the palette:

- add a component to your form as dummy from matisse palette (javax.swing.JTextField for example)
- close the form in myeclise IDE
- open the .java-File in an external Texteditor (i use JEdit).
- Replace the type of the dummy field with the type of the bean you want to use (decalaration and instantiation)
- change the setter of the value of the component accordingly or simply remove it.
- save the file
- open .form-File in an external Editor
- replace the type assignments of the component, identified by the variable name
- correct the value assignment of the component, esp. the type.
- save the form.
- reopen form in myeclise IDE. The component should now be displayed.

support-nipun
Post subject: RE: A workaround  PostPosted: Oct 08, 2009 - 11:27 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Thank you for posting this workaround. I have filed a PR for investigation and we will try to fix this asap.

blabarge
Post subject: RE: A workaround  PostPosted: Feb 04, 2011 - 03:40 PM

support-nipun wrote:
Thank you for posting this workaround. I have filed a PR for investigation and we will try to fix this asap.
Is there now a process for adding a jar?

Jump to: