facebook

JSF Validation does not recognize method calls

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

JSF 2.0 validation is much improved in version 9, but there are still some problems.

One of these problems is that MyEclipse does not recognize method calls as valid in EL. For instance

<h:someTag value=”#{somemethod(param1, param2)}” />

will be flaged with a warning as being invalid EL.

#316523 Reply

support-joy

JeffreyGetzin,

I have escalated your post to dev team members. They would get back to you on this.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#316547 Reply

Joy,

I’m more concerned that it’s been a full month since I posted this issue. The bug itself not a show-stopper issue, but MyEclipse support has been very sluggish in responding to issues. Perhaps you need more staff?

Jeff

#316556 Reply

support-swapna

JeffreyGetzin,

We apologize for not acknowledging your post earlier. The issue has been long filed as a PR and you can expect to see the fix in the coming build.
    Sorry for the delay.We will make sure to be more prompt next time on.
    Thank you for the patience.

#316571 Reply

Swapna,

Thank you. 🙂

Jeff

#332226 Reply

twinfeats

This is still not working in v10 – it’s been 18 months, what gives?! This is a show stopper for my project.

#332290 Reply

twinfeats,

I could not replicate the issue at my end on MyEclipse 10.6.

Could you provide below details to help us investigate further –
    1. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and copy and paste the same here.
    2. If you are not on MyEclipse 10.6, then please update to 10.6 version. If you can still replicate the issue on MyEclipse 10.6 then please attach the screenshot of the error.

#332307 Reply

twinfeats

Yes, I’m on 1.6. Here is a simple test managed bean:

package com.retalix.powerplus.jsf;

import javax.faces.bean.ApplicationScoped;
    import javax.faces.bean.ManagedBean;

@ManagedBean
    @ApplicationScoped
    public class SecurityBean {
    public String getAValueWithParm(String name) {
    return name;
    }

public String getAValue() {
    return “”;
    }
    }

Attached is a screenshot of a test xhtml showing the available auto-complete choices for this bean. AValue is listed but AValueWithParm is not. Additionally, if I start typing get to see if it then detects the method, I still get no results.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #332325 Reply

twinfeats,

1) Can you switch to a new workspace, create a new project with sample code and check if you can replicate the issue ? It might also be a workspace/cache issue.

2) If you can still replicate the issue, can you please attach the sample project which replicates this issue to help us investigate further ?

#332353 Reply

twinfeats

Attached is the requested new sample project taken from a new, clean workspace. Problem still exists in this sample.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #332382 Reply

twinfeats,

It seems to be an issue with getter property. If there is no parameter for the getter property, then the autocomplete works.

Can you please recheck if the parameter is supported for getter property ?

You can cross post to development supported forums for better support.

#332393 Reply

twinfeats

Yes, calling methods directly from EL (with or without parms) is a feature of EL 2.2. I had no issues with this when working in NetBeans, but am required to use MyEclipse for this latest project, where it seems this is not working.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: JSF Validation does not recognize method calls

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in