facebook

Repeatedly have to activate MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Gene Gotimer

Not everytime I start MyEclipse but more frequently than not, when I startup MyEclipse I get a message that my “unactivated use of MyEclipse expired x days ago.”

If I continue with the automated activation, I get the message:

Congratulations!
    MyEclipse has been successfully activated. The product activation code was saved to the .myeclipse.properties file in your user directory.

But one of the next few times I start MyEclipse, I’ll get the same “unactivated use of MyEclipse expired” message.

I checked the .myeclipse.properties file in the C:\Users\username directory and I can see an activation code, so it does seem that it is getting written.

Any ideas what to look for?

I’m on 64-bit Windows 7, Sun JDK 1.6.0_24, MyEclipse 9.0M2 installed and started through Pulse.

#314855 Reply

support-joy

gotimer,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Can you send out a mail to support@genuitec.com with below details
    1. your subscription id and code,
    2. please include a reference this weblink,
    3. attach a screenshot of the issue you are facing
    4. Clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and attach your .log file
    5. Could you try the manual method to activate your license and see if you experience the same issues?
    6. If you get the program to hang again, can you find the PID of the program and run “jstack -l <pid> and add the stack trace output to the email. That will help us determine where it is hanging.
    7. Please attach your .myeclipse.properties file located in your [USER-Home] directory. Typically for windows system you can look at c:\Documents and Settings\[username]\.myeclipse.properties
    8. please include ATTN:Joy in the subject

Thank you for your co-operation.

#314864 Reply

Brian Fernandes

gotimer,

Firstly, I’m sorry you are running into this issue; we are aware of the problem and have a fix coming in 9.0GA; you do not need to send us your properties file as previously requested by Joy.

In the meanwhile – we know that having the MyEclipse Configuration Center open tends to cause this issue to appear more frequently – do you leave this open when you start your workspace? Have you observed the issue when you don’t have the configuration center open?

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I realize this is an irritating issue which we unfortunately failed to catch during testing.

#315309 Reply

Matt Passell

Hi Brian,

I’m having the same problem as gotimer and I do not keep the Configuration Center open. The problem seems to occur pretty much every time I switch from one workspace to another. It’s really getting on my nerves. Any idea how long it’ll be before 9.0GA (or at least a fix for this)?

Thanks,
    Matt

#315310 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Matt,

We’re planning to release 9.0 GA this weekend. It definitely has this issue fixed.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

#315311 Reply

Matt Passell

Oh, great! I had no idea it would be so soon. 🙂 I can certainly deal with it for a few more days. I was worried it would be more like a month…

–Matt

#315598 Reply

kkrems

I’m having the same problem with Version: 9.0 Build id: 9.0-20110318?

#315603 Reply

Brian Fernandes

kkrems,

1) What method did you use for activation?
    2) If you successfully activated, can you look at <home>/.myeclipse.properties – is there an ACTIVATION_KEY property there?
    3) Does this happen for you on every workspace start? Do you have the configuration center open?

#315970 Reply

btgdaniel

same here. Build id: 9.0-20110318

1) Automated activation
    2) Yes.
    3) Yes. No.

#316010 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Daniel,

Could you please email support@genuitec.com with your license code and key and a link to this thread (for easy tracking) – will help us check if there is something wrong on the server side of activation.

If you are able to able to reproduce this error with each and every workspace start, could you please try the following?

1) Open any perspective (you could use one which you don’t use often) and close all editors AND views. (You can restore these later using Window > Reset Perspective)
    2) Restart MyEclipse – are you still asked to activate?

#316055 Reply

Claudio Trajtenberg
    Participant

It looks that closing all windows in a perspective and deleting ~/.myeclipse.properties works.

MyEclipse For Spring 9.0 9.0.0.me201103181703

Windows 7 64 bits

I have restarted MyEclipse for Spring in 3 different workspaces without been asked to unlock.

#316094 Reply

support-joy

claudiow,

Good to hear you are all set.

#316198 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Any users who still experience this problem are requested to email support@genuitec.com with your license code and key so we can follow up with you personally.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Repeatedly have to activate MyEclipse

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in