MyEclipse Forums
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kiran7881
Post subject: How to import an existing web Application into MyEclipse  PostPosted: Oct 26, 2009 - 04:40 PM

Hi ,
I know how to create a Web based Application from scratch in MyEclipse6.0

We are having existing Web Based Application already developed .

Please tell me how to configure an existing Web Application into MyEclipse or Eclipse .

Thanks in advance.

Reply with quote Back to top
support-shalini
Post subject: RE: How to import an existing web Application into MyEclipse  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2009 - 07:00 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

kiran7881,
Are you trying to import a web application that is created outside MyEclipse? In that case, you will have to create a web project and add the required code files. MyEclipse does not support projects that not created with MyEclipse.
If you are trying to import a project that is created in ME6.6 into a higher version of MyEclipse, You can do so by selecting File > Import > General > Existing Project into Workspace > Select Root Directory and browse to your existing web application.
Let me know if that helps.

kiran7881
Post subject: RE: How to import an existing web Application into MyEclipse  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2009 - 02:43 PM

Thank you , tomorow i will try this at my work place and let you know the status .

kiran7881
Post subject: RE: How to import an existing web Application into MyEclipse  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2009 - 02:47 PM

one more query here .

Yes i am trying to import a web application that has been created outside MyEclipse .
You mean to say that insde the workspace , i need to copy all my existing files ??

Any link on this will be a great help for me

support-shalini
Post subject: RE: How to import an existing web Application into MyEclipse  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2009 - 05:44 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

kiran7881,
There are no links available. You will have to create a corresponding project in your MyEclipse workspace and copy the existing code files into the relevant locations.

stevejones3
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2010 - 11:34 AM

I had the same problem while developing rich web application. Anyway at least i got the solution :) he he..

pragnesh1
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2011 - 11:14 AM

Hey people I am new to this post. So please give me some useful information related to this so even I can be the part of this post.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
ecommerce web solutions

Jump to: