MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to Off Topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vgermscheid
Post subject: New user question - JSF and IE  PostPosted: Nov 16, 2011 - 06:50 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I'm prototyping an app on Windows using JSF in the Tomcat sandbox. It all runs fine with the Eclipse browser, but when I test it in IE 9 from outside of MyEclipse, I can't get past the initial List: The commandLink action doesn't fire.

Any suggestions?

Reply with quote Back to top
support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 18, 2011 - 08:52 AM

vgermscheid ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with MyEclipse.

Can you answer some more questions for us to understand the issue better ?

1) Can you share your Operating System and version details ? Also share your MyEclipse Build ID from Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Edition > Build ID.

2) How did you install MyEclipse ? Is it through Pulse/All-In-One installer /Archived Update site?

3) Clear the contents of the .log file located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log. Replicate the issue and paste the contents of the .log file here for us.

4) Can you also attach a screenshot to help us get a visual of the issue ? Also give us detail steps you are following for us to be able to replicate the issue at our end.

vgermscheid
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 18, 2011 - 02:52 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I think the issue isn't MyEclipse itself. First, in response to your questions, it's MyEclipse Bling, build 9.1-Blue-20110701, installed using the Windows offline installer on a Windows Server 2008 R2 VM (my prototyping environment). The app is pretty much just an out-of-the box JSF scaffolded app.

I just tried running the app in IE from the host machine (Windows 7 Pro) and it ran fine, so I think I'm dealing with a server IE security issue. I'll do some more tweaking on the server side, but don't think it's really a problem.

BTW, I'm impressed with the product!

support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2011 - 06:52 AM

vgermscheid ,

Thank you for trying MyEclipse Bling.
Do let us know if you have any issues.

Jump to: