facebook

User Libraries

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tom Murray
    Participant

New to BLUE from RAD. I had setup some user libraries using a link to some jar files on my development system. I had issues and decided to delete some projects from my ws and used the delete code check box. It seems that the delete from WS function actually wiped out the jar files and folders they were in as well even though they were not a part of the physical workspace. Is this correct? If so, it is not a desirable function. Can I disable this in any way?

Luckily I was using Carbonite on this system and was able to restore all the missing files very easily, but if they had gone unoticed for a period of time, they would have been gone.

#321291 Reply

support-swapna

tmurray50 ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with MyEclipse.

Can you answer some more questions for us to understand the issue better ?

1) Can you share your MyEclipse Blue Build ID from Help > About MyEclipse Blue > Build ID ? Also share your Operating System and version details.

2) Here are the steps to add the user libraries :

The following are the steps :

1. Right click on you project and from the context menu go to Build Path > Add Library
    2. From the window that opens select User Library and click Next
    3. click “User Libraries”. This opens a new wizard. You can create a new library by clicking on “New”
    4. After the library is created, you can add jars to that

3) I could not replicate the issue at my end when I added the user libraries as per the above steps.If you are adding them in any other way, please list the exact steps you followed for us to be able to replicate the issue at our end.

4) Give us more details about the projects. Are they normal web projects ?

#321303 Reply

Tom Murray
    Participant

Not an issue creating them. They are added just as in RAD.
    The User Library was defined with external jar files.

My issue was when I DELETED projects in a BLUE ws that had them on the build path the jars and folders where the user libraries were located were also deleted along with the projects.

I had used Right Click Delete and selected Delete project contents on disk (cannot be undone) checkbox when I deleted the projects.

I never remember RAD deleting the jars and folders from a User Library definition when a project was deleted from the workspace.

#321327 Reply

support-swapna

tmurray50 ,

We could not replicate the issue at our end.
    1) Share your Build ID from Help > About MyEclipse Blue Edition > Build ID. Also share your OS and version details.

2) Can you please give us detail steps on how you have created the user library and what exactly you mean by “using a link to jar files”. It would help us in replicating the issue at our end.

3) Also do you see the same issue when adding user library as per the steps mentioned in my earlier response ? Please check and let us know.

#321343 Reply

Tom Murray
    Participant

I added the User Library exactly as you stated. By using a link I just meant I added files jar files to the user library. They existed on another directory outside the workspace on my C:/ drive in some folders.

Upon deleting the projects that had these User Libraries assigned to them as stated in your post, the external jar files and folders had disappeared. I had chosen the Delete from disk option when deleting the projects from the workspace.

I run on XP with SP3 installed.
    Here is the BLUE Build.
    MyEclipse Blue Edition

Version: 10.0 Blue
    Build id: 10.0-Blue-20111028

If you can not reproduce, I will re-execute the process to see if it happens again. Maybe a system failure of some kind had occured and wiped out my files.

#321382 Reply

support-swapna

tmurray50 ,

I am afraid I cannot reproduce the issue at my end in MyEclipse Blue 10.

Can you please recheck and let us know if the issue persists ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: User Libraries

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in