facebook

JBoss 7 Redeploy on code change

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

i4073
    Participant

We are upgrading from JBoss 4.2.3 to JBoss 7.1.0 for our web projects. When developing in MyEclipse 8 with JBoss 4.2.3, if we make a minor code change, for example adding a line in a method, the change is hot deployed and works very well. We can simply refresh the webpage to see our changes. Redeployment is usually not necessary unless we changed method signature.

But on MyEclipse 10 with JBoss 7.1.0, every code change causes JBoss to redeploy the entire war archive, thus losing session and login. This is not desirable as we have to re-login and go through pages to see changes. Is this expected behavior? Are there settings in JBoss or MyEclipse that can restore the old behavior?

#323542 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

@i4073 wrote:

We are upgrading from JBoss 4.2.3 to JBoss 7.1.0 for our web projects. When developing in MyEclipse 8 with JBoss 4.2.3, if we make a minor code change, for example adding a line in a method, the change is hot deployed and works very well. We can simply refresh the webpage to see our changes. Redeployment is usually not necessary unless we changed method signature.

But on MyEclipse 10 with JBoss 7.1.0, every code change causes JBoss to redeploy the entire war archive, thus losing session and login. This is not desirable as we have to re-login and go through pages to see changes. Is this expected behavior? Are there settings in JBoss or MyEclipse that can restore the old behavior?

Did you try the development release of MyEclipse?

This fixed it for me.

#323568 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Tony,

Thanks for chiming in. i4073, please see this thread for details on how to get 10.0.1
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-10-0-1-milestone-is-now-available/

#340595 Reply

sathyanak

I know I am posting this late, and I too had the same issue and bumped into this thread.

I resolved it with some of the settings in jboss 7”s standalone.xml and now it works fine for me. It does not redeploy or restart the application server, but at that same time the code changes are reflected immediately.

Here are the changes that you need in your standalone.xml

<deployment-scanner auto-deploy-exploded=”true” auto-deploy-zipped=”false” path=”deployments” relative-to=”jboss.server.base.dir” scan-interval=”0″/>

In the web subsystem:

<configuration>
    <jsp-configuration development=”true”/>
    </configuration>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: JBoss 7 Redeploy on code change

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in