MyEclipse Forums
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
rbreitling
Post subject: WAR file deployment failure...  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2012 - 08:11 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member


Joined: Nov 03, 2008
Posts: 22

I have a project that I am trying to deploy in myelipse 10.0.2. All it's class files and class files from other dependent projects get deployed except projects that have Maven enabled.

This used to work in 8.6 just fine.

Am I missing something or is this just broken?
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 02, 2012 - 11:30 AM



Joined: Nov 11, 2010
Posts: 2494

rbreitling,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I could replicate the issue at my end. I have filed a PR for the dev team to investigate.

Can you throw more information about your project setup? Is there a specific reason behind a non-maven web project dependent on a maven java project in your setup ?

_________________
Swapna
MyEclipse Support
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
rbreitling
Post subject: more information as requested..  PostPosted: Mar 02, 2012 - 03:48 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member


Joined: Nov 03, 2008
Posts: 22

support-swapna wrote:
rbreitling,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I could replicate the issue at my end. I have filed a PR for the dev team to investigate.

Can you throw more information about your project setup? Is there a specific reason behind a non-maven web project dependent on a maven java project in your setup ?


We are in the process of converting from ant to maven builds and this is the situation I find myself in. In the past, this has always worked so, obviously, it wasn't a problem until I upgraded to 10.0.2.

Bob
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
support-tony
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 05, 2012 - 06:46 AM



Joined: Mar 09, 2011
Posts: 919

Bob,

I've found that rebuilding the dependent maven project causes its classes to appear in the deployed location. Could you try that? At first, I thought a full rebuild of all associated projects might be needed but, on the Mac, I got the classes to appear with just a rebuild of the maven project. To do this, go to Project->Clean... then Click the "Clean projects selected below" and select the dependent maven project, then click OK. A redeploy shouldn't be necessary after this though, if the above doesn't work, please try a redeploy.

Note, you can browse the deployed location by going to the Servers view, expanding the deployed to server, right clicking on the deployed project and selecting "Browse deployment location".

I've updated the bug that was raised with this new information and we are investigating.

Please let us know if this workaround is effective for you.

_________________
Tony
MyEclipse Support


Last edited by support-tony on Mar 26, 2012 - 04:40 AM; edited 1 time in total
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
rbreitling
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2012 - 03:05 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member


Joined: Nov 03, 2008
Posts: 22

Interesting, doing a clean of the maven project did redeploy the classes to the server.

Bob
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
support-tony
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2012 - 07:59 AM



Joined: Mar 09, 2011
Posts: 919

Bob,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm glad that workaround worked for you. Hopefully, we will get this fixed soon but, in the meantime, at least you can deploy.

_________________
Tony
MyEclipse Support
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
rbreitling
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2012 - 05:04 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member


Joined: Nov 03, 2008
Posts: 22

support-tony wrote:
Bob,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm glad that workaround worked for you. Hopefully, we will get this fixed soon but, in the meantime, at least you can deploy.


Do you have any idea when this is going to be fixed? I had hopes it would be in 10.1 but alas the problem is still there...

Bob
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
support-tony
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 26, 2012 - 05:28 AM



Joined: Mar 09, 2011
Posts: 919

Bob,

Actually, there is a fix for this in 10.1. However, the fix is in some project settings and so will only apply to a new project. That is, only new maven dependent projects will be affected by this fix. So, if you recreate the dependent maven project, it should get deployed with MyEclipse 10.1.

Alternatively, there is a .settings folder in the project. Look for the com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.prefs file and remove the useAssemblyMapping line. If this is the only line apart from the version, then you can delete the whole file.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if this works for you.

_________________
Tony
MyEclipse Support
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
rbreitling
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 27, 2012 - 02:46 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member


Joined: Nov 03, 2008
Posts: 22

support-tony wrote:
Bob,

Actually, there is a fix for this in 10.1. However, the fix is in some project settings and so will only apply to a new project. That is, only new maven dependent projects will be affected by this fix. So, if you recreate the dependent maven project, it should get deployed with MyEclipse 10.1.

Alternatively, there is a .settings folder in the project. Look for the com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.prefs file and remove the useAssemblyMapping line. If this is the only line apart from the version, then you can delete the whole file.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if this works for you.


Tony,

This seems to have worked. Thanks....that was a big deal to have working, very good.

On another front. I have a Spring applicationContext.xml file in my web projects src/main/resources directory that gets copied to the target/classes tree, but when I deploy the web app it is missing.

I'll create an new thread for this if you prefer.

Bob
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
support-tony
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 28, 2012 - 06:53 AM



Joined: Mar 09, 2011
Posts: 919

Bob,

Yes, a new forum topic would be good. Could you include the application server in the new post? I couldn't replicate it with MyEclipse Tomcat. Also indicate if the MyEclipse automatic build put the applicationContext.xml file in the output folder or if it was a maven build.

_________________
Tony
MyEclipse Support
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Display posts from previous:     
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 © 2003-2004 The PNphpBB Group
Credits