MyEclipse Forums
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
beejiunn
Post subject: F3 or ctrl-click is not working in JSP editor in MyEclipse10  PostPosted: Apr 19, 2012 - 03:48 AM

Hi,

I found that the F3 or ctrl-click is not working in JSP editor in MyEclipse 10.
If I remember correctly, it was workable in previous version (e.g. ME 9).

Please find below the further description and example to support my problem facing.

In JSP editor, I have the code as follows

XxxxBean xxxxBean = (XxxxBean) request.getAttribute("xxxxBean");

Usually, if I want to look further what the method getAttribute() is done, I will either press F3 or ctrl-click to go into the method for understanding the detail of logic. However, when I try to do it in ME10, it seems nothing is happened.

Hope above convey the message clearly and appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Reply with quote Back to top
support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2012 - 12:15 PM

beejiunn ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. It works the same way in ME 10 and ME 9.1 at my end.

Can you please clarify what exactly happens when you press a F3 or ctrl+click in ME 10.1 ? Do you see the ServletRequest.class open up in the editor with a source not found displayed or you see no action at all after you press F3 ?

Clear the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and check if there are any errors of interest logged in the .log file. If yes then paste them here for us.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: