MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rwdietrich
Post subject: Add ERD relationships  PostPosted: Apr 30, 2012 - 07:16 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I had the need today to create an ERD for a set of customer tables using MyEclipse for Spring 10.1. For whatever reason, the tables were not defined with foreign key relationships. I tried to find a way to manually add the relationships, but the diagram still seems to be read-only, unless you modify the database itself. So the diagram is pretty much useless.

Please add the capability to add relationships to an ERD, or add a package that does so. Thanks.

Reply with quote Back to top
Support-Brian
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 01, 2012 - 09:02 AM

The diagram is intended to be a view of the database as it stands, not a general ERD diagramming tool. We do have plans to make the ERD a bidirectional editor, where adding a relationship or a table would result in real schema changes; but minimal request for such functionality has led to these plans being shelved.

I will add your vote to the enhancement request list, thank you for asking.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: