facebook

WASCE server startup ignores -Xmx1024m parameter in JVM arg

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Using MyEclipse 8.5 and starting (debug) on WASCE server. Within the JVM arguments in the WASCE launch panel, I specify -Xmx1024m for the application. This seems to have no effect, because WASCE starts wtih 256m and then runs out of memory for the application.

When I start WASCE outside of MyEclipse at the Windows DOS command line (that uses the ‘setenv.bat’ where I set the above parameter), the JVM memory is set correctly.

What am I mssing? Is this the correct way to set the JVM memory in the WASCE launch?

#326667 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Gary,

We’re looking into the problem right now. In the meanwhile, you could try creating a launch configuration for the server (there should be a button on the server configuration page) and specify the VM arguments there.

#326678 Reply

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get this to work by using the launch configuration. It makes it a bit confusing because then when you start the WASCE servlet it gives you two lines to choose from. And for others that use this post, remember that the -Xmx1024m (or whatever memory size you choose) must go on the first line of the parameters. It is easy to see what memory the inbvoked WASCE instance is using by going into the console and choosing “Information”.

Please post back here when you have determined why the JVM parameters from MyEclipse do not propogate the the actual WASCE startup. Until then, we can live with having to use the Launch Configuration.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: WASCE server startup ignores -Xmx1024m parameter in JVM arg

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in