facebook

the "inspect" works too slowly (debugging)

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ever_peter

Hi,

i’m from spain so first, sorry by my english.

I work for a company and we use MyEclipse 8.6 at our laptops.
    This year we change to new laptops with 64bits but now, with this laptop and this MyEclipse we have problems when we are debugging our code.

The problem is only when we are debugging at the server part of our project, when we’re debugging the client we don¡t have the problem.

And what is the problem? Well, the problem is when we “inspect” some variable (ctrl-shift-i) it’s works too slowly showing de value of it. If we have a list with 100 elements, not show all elements at the moment you inspect, it show one element of the list, one second later other element, one second another element, so is imposible to us inspect all the elements.

This problem is with 64bits laptop, not with 32.

Which is the problem? Which is the correct configuration to solve the problem?

thank you very much.

Myeclipse installation summary:

*** Date: 
    jueves 24 de mayo de 2012 09H32' CEST

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 8.6
    Build id: 8.6-20100723

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 8.6
    Build id: 8.6-20100723

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Users\pgarcilo\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    --launcher.library
    C:\Users\pgarcilo\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    C:\Users\pgarcilo\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    C:/Users/pgarcilo/AppData/Local/Genuitec/MyEclipse-8.6
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:/Users/pgarcilo/AppData/Local/Genuitec/Common/binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll
    #326341 Reply

support-joy

Peter,

Sorry to hear you are running into issues. Could you clarify, if your server is on 64 bit and are your clients on 64 bit as well? I understand that you are using ME 8.6. Is it a project requirement? You can install multiple versions of MyEclipse in your laptop, you need not un-install ME 8.6 to use ME 10.1. I would recommend you to install ME 10.1 and open your current workspace and verify if it helps?

Let me know how this works for you.

#326657 Reply

ever_peter

@support-joy wrote:

Peter,

Sorry to hear you are running into issues. Could you clarify, if your server is on 64 bit and are your clients on 64 bit as well? I understand that you are using ME 8.6. Is it a project requirement? You can install multiple versions of MyEclipse in your laptop, you need not un-install ME 8.6 to use ME 10.1. I would recommend you to install ME 10.1 and open your current workspace and verify if it helps?

Let me know how this works for you.

Hi,

thank you for your attention.

Yes, our server and our clients are on 64 bit. We are using ME 8.6 version but it’s not a requirement but the bad new is that i have a partner who is using ME 10 and has the same problem….

If you need to know something more, ask me.
    Thank you very much.
    Peter

#326687 Reply

support-joy

Peter,

Please answer below queries to help me investigate further –
    1. What is the type of project you are working on?
    2. What is the server (please include version details also) you are deploying to?
    3. Could you attach a screenshot of Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Servers and attach the server configuration screenshot to help me get a visual?
    4. Clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and attach file here.

#326795 Reply

ever_peter

@support-joy wrote:

Peter,

Please answer below queries to help me investigate further –
    1. What is the type of project you are working on?
    2. What is the server (please include version details also) you are deploying to?
    3. Could you attach a screenshot of Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Servers and attach the server configuration screenshot to help me get a visual?
    4. Clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and attach file here.

Hi,

1- Is a desktop application.
    2- We are using the server WAS7 ( WebSphere Application Server 7.0) 64b:
    Integrated Solutions Console, 7.0.0.19
    Número de build: cf191132.09

3-
    It’s strange because we have installed WAS7 but in the configuration on my eclipse shows 6.1….it could be de problem??? But the partner who has ME10 has the same configuration….i dont know.

4- i clean de log and debug the code on server but not appear nothing…is not an error, only that shows very slow the parameters 🙁 (only on server, not on client)

[URL=http://www.subirimagenes.com/otros-c3-7751284.html][/URL]

#326797 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Peter,

MyEclipse supports WebSphere versions upto 6.1 only. For WebSphere 7, you need to be using MyEclipse Blue Edition.

The fact that you are using our 6.1 connector to work with WAS 7 could certainly cause problems like the one you are experiencing. Are you sure that the only change you have made is to move from a 32bit machine to a 64bit machine? If 8.6 was used on both machines, it would remain a 32bit install and there should be no reason for performance degradation. Were there any other changes, did you move from WebSphere 6.1 to WebSphere 7 too?

Using MyEclipse Blue for WebSphere development and deployment has several advantages including a in-workspace deployment mode which should cut down your deployment time to a few seconds as opposed to several minutes. The overall server support for WebSphere is much better and even the 6.1 support in MyEclipse and Blue are drastically different.

I recommend trying this in MyEclipse Blue Edition, version 10.1 and see if you still experience issues. I’m afraid we cannot support the use of WebSphere 7 with the 6.1 connector in MyEclipse Pro.

#326798 Reply

Brian Fernandes

I forgot to mention that you can use Blue free for 30 days to see if it works for you. We can also upgrade your existing licenses to Blue licenses so you will only need to pay for the difference in cost.

#326867 Reply

ever_peter

@Support-Brian wrote:

. Are you sure that the only change you have made is to move from a 32bit machine to a 64bit machine?

Not, maybe i didn’t explain well, we changed the 32bit machine to a 64bit machine and we installed the ME 8.6 64bit. And the WAS 64bit.

Let me see test with the blue edition and i’ll tell you something.
    thank you very much for your help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: the "inspect" works too slowly (debugging)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in