MyEclipse Forums
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sumane
Post subject: Size of WAR file exported from my Eclipse Blue huge  PostPosted: Jun 14, 2012 - 01:36 PM

Team,

We are expoting a web application (.war) from my eclipse blue. The size of the war file is five times than a war file that is exported out of RAD with same codebase.

Please let me know how to generate a war file in MEB with less SIZE.

Thanks,
Suman

Reply with quote Back to top
support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 15, 2012 - 06:49 AM

Suman,

The jars from buildpath would have been packaged into the WAR file.
Please modify workspace preferences. Go to: Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Java Enterprise Projects > Web Project. Here you should uncheck option "JARs from the build path". This should prevent MyEclipse from packing runtime (and any other from the classpath) Jars into WAR.

However, in case, that you have some others jars attached to the build path, you have two options:

1. You can use "Deployment assembly" to specify what and where should be packed into war (Project > Properties > MyEclipse > Deployment Assembly)

2. You can create User Library for the jars. Go to: Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Build Path -> User Libraries, configure User Library and add it to project path (Project -> Properties > Java build path -> Libraries -> Add library -> Select User library). Go once again to Deployment Settings (Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Java Enterprise Projects > Web Project) and uncheck "Jars from users libraries" and "User library jars exported from dependent java projects" making sure, that two others are checked, in that case.

Let us know how this works for you.

sumane
Post subject: Size of WAR file exported from my Eclipse Blue huge  PostPosted: Jun 15, 2012 - 10:21 AM

swapna,

Issue has been resolved after doing the steps below.

Thanks a lot!
Suman

support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 15, 2012 - 12:43 PM

Suman,

Glad that the issue is resolved.
Do let us know if you see any issues.

Jump to: