MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to General Development
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
w1smc
Post subject: Web Project – Question – To JPA or not  PostPosted: Jun 16, 2012 - 02:28 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I'm in the process of developing a Struts 1.3 web project and I'm at a point where I'm trying to determine what route I should take regarding database access.

I was looking at JPA and even added JPA capabilities to my project. However, before I go any further I wanted to get some insight on other possibilities so I can make a more informed decision.

I'm running MyEclipse Pro 10.0 using Tomcat 7 and MySQL 5.5.25.

The web project will start of very simple with just a few tables and the usual CRUD activity but may eventually grow into something much more complex (depending on the mood I'm in, ha ha).

I've been searching around the web looking for an example web application using Tomcat 7 with JPA but have been unsuccessful finding anything I can use.

Am I biting off more than I can chew trying to go with JPA and Tomcat 7 or should I just go the standard DAO route?

I want to keep this project as simple as I can at first.

Thanks for any insight.

Reply with quote Back to top
support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 18, 2012 - 06:07 AM

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: