MyEclipse Forums
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rss245b
Post subject: How do I copy an existing project within the same workspace?  PostPosted: Jun 29, 2012 - 04:40 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I tried this and it seemed to work, however the project displayed in the URL was tho old copied project. What I want to do is duplicate and branch out on a given project. How can this be done safely? (Essentially with everything as it was but the project name is different
and the location on disk is different)

Reply with quote Back to top
support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2012 - 07:54 AM

rss245b,

After copying the same project with a different name, You will have to change the context root in the project properties. While applying the changes, it will ask for a confirmation to replace the context root with the new name. Once done, you can see the new name in the url.

Ex : If your project is a web project, then right click on the project > Properties > MyEclipse > Web > Context Root. Modify the Web Context-root field to the new name and proceed.

Let us know how it works for you.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: