MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mongonv
Post subject: Refactoring WS name does not change deployment name  PostPosted: Jul 01, 2012 - 05:54 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I have had two cases now where using the refactoring to change the name of a JAX-WS web service project does not end with the generated deployment name changing .

For example, change a project from "WsTemp16" to "WsTemp" still generates a WAR and internal tomcat deployment of "WsTemp16" for the URL needed to access the application.

The only way I have been able to get around the generation issue is to create a new project and copy the settings and contents from the old one, this of course is not a reasonable solution.

The project name and all references I can find reference the new "WsTemp" name, so does any know how to get ME to actually generate to the new name?

I am using ME 10.5 on windows to do the development work.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Ed

Reply with quote Back to top
support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2012 - 08:14 AM

mongonv,

Can you clarify if you have updated the context root for the project? You will have to update the web context root to the new name, from project > Properties > MyEclipse > Web > Context root.

A Refactor/Rename would additionally need an update to the context root. Please change it and check if you are still seeing the issue.

Let us know how it works for you.

mongonv
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2012 - 03:18 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Thanks Swapna, That was the problem, changed that and it has the right web app name now.

support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2012 - 05:06 AM

mongonv,

Glad that it is working.
Do let us know if you see any issues.

Jump to: