facebook

MyEclipse 10.7 JDK Error on Macs

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

minhur

I having issues getting jetty server support to work correctly on MyEclipse 10.7 Macs

if I use 10.7 myeclipse on my mac, my jdk doesn’t get detected, and
    when configuring JDK under “Server” from preferences, I get the message
    “Please specify a full JDK”

this does not happen on 10.6

I had to find an offline installer for 10.6 and install it with jetty support to get it working on my mac.

#333464 Reply

support-swapna

minhur,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you check if you have any JREs listed under Window > Preferences > Java > Installed JREs ? If no then you can add a JRE definition. Ex : Name : Sun JDK 1.6.0_13
    Location : C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013

Please make sure you are pointing to a valid JRE home directory.

Take a look at this FAQ to understand where the MyEclipse’s Common folder is on MAC :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/installation-where-are-the-myeclipse-files-and-folders/

Let us know how it works for you.

#333472 Reply

minhur

I don’t this this is a JDK setting issue, for some reason MyEclipse settings is unable to detect that I’m pointing to a jdk.

On a Fresh install of MyEclipse 10.7, no addons/plugins added,
    even Tomcat JDK config shows an error (check attachment);

Same error appears on Jetty JDK config, as it keeps complaining that i’m not pointing to a JDK directory even though I am in fact doing it so.

On Macs, jdk comes installed out of the box so there should be no need to specify a jdk directory as such.

Please fix this issue as it’s making the software unusable for me.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #333497 Reply

support-swapna

minhur,

Thank you for the screenshots. I have raised a PR for the dev team to look into it.
    Can you please let us know if you see problems only with the Integrated Tomcat and Jetty servers? Or the issue exists for all the servers in MyEclipse ?

#333511 Reply

minhur

issue seems to exist on all server, not just jetty and tomcat.
    JDK setting always complains full JDK is not specified

#333545 Reply

support-swapna

minhur,

Can you please check if you can still run the servers without needing to change the JDK , coz the Integrated Tomcat works for us.
    Also we could not replicate the issue with external Tomcat 7.x connector.

#333558 Reply

minhur

I need to change my jdk settings though
    I’m on a fresh install without addons ons fresh workspace
    Are you sure issue is not replicable

#333566 Reply

minhur

Could you please at least provide a workaround?

I’m unable to start up my jetty instance because I need to provide the following optional java VM arguments when I start the server

-Xms128m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

without providing the options my server complains about permgen space

#333593 Reply

minhur

can you please respond with a workaround or some plan to fix?

Normally I don’t pester so much but I’m completely unable to work with this issue.

I even tried rolling back to 10.6 but when i add jetty support it automatically updates to 10.7 and the issue comes back.

this is a critical issue for me. please let me know what i need to do to escalate this further

#333621 Reply

support-swapna

minhur,

Apologies for the delay.I have escalated it to a dev team member and filed a PR for them to look into it.They will get back to you soon.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

#333625 Reply

Brian Fernandes

minhur,

Our team is looking into the problem, I’m not sure why this occurs only for 10.7 and not for 10.6, there were no changes in this department, especially for the Jetty server.

You mentioned earlier that you could use a 10.6 offline installer (with all components) – that would not require you to install Jetty support separately (it would be pre-installed) and you would not be automatically updated to 10.7. The 10.6 offline installer is here:
    http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/indigo/installers/myeclipse-10.6-offline-installer-macosx.dmg

Could you use this version instead in the interim?

#333647 Reply

minhur

thanks for the update.

I tried installing 10.6 instead multiple times, but when I install 10.6, and add some plugins (m2e, subclipse, jetty support), myeclipse automatically upgrades to 10.7 so the issue still remained.

At this point though I’ve found a workaround by providing jvm arguments directly in my jetty folder’s start.ini instead.

So I’m okay for now but the issue still remains.

#333661 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

minhur,

To avoid the upgrade to 10.7 when you add a plug-in to 10.6, just deselect the 10.7 update in the changes list.

#333672 Reply

minhur

I have tried that multiple times but it still forced an upgrade.
    I’ll attempt once again at trying 10.6 and see how it goes.

My workaround didn’t really get me much because, even though server boots up,
    the debug mode of server does not work correctly for me.

What I mean is, I can’t place breakpoints, my in-code java changes are not reflected at all even though I hot deployed it.

Right now, 10.7 is completely unusable for me, and I think others with Macs have been experiencing similar issue.

Has 10.7 been throughly tested on Macs? my co-workers and I are all on Macs and this is a show stopper for us.

#333673 Reply

minhur

on a fresh install of 10.6 with jetty support added,
    I install some plugins that I need (m2e, subclipse)

after restart, i open maven catalog and install some maven plugins as well.

after that, even though i haven’t checked a 10.7 upgrade, the app is upgraded to 10.7 and jdk error occurs again

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 10.7 JDK Error on Macs

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in