MyEclipse Forums
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nandu49307
Post subject: EJB from Jbuilder to Eclipse using myeclipse - naming conven  PostPosted: Oct 30, 2004 - 08:48 PM

Hello,

I have downloaded a trial copy of myeclipse and I am in the process of evaluating it. We have a current j2ee project built in Jbuilder that makes use of stateless session and entity EJB's. I am moving to Eclipse by recreating but using the same code. I have found some problems with the naming conventions used for Entity beans. Jbuilder names the Entity interfaces just the oppsite way of session interfaces. That is the remote interface of a Entity bean named "Host" is called "HostRemote" and remote home is named "HostRemoteHome". But myeclipse naming is different where remote is "Host" and remote home is "HostHome". Since I can't make change to the code I was wondering if there is a workaround for this naming convention.

Thank you

Reply with quote Back to top
support-greg
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 01, 2004 - 10:34 PM

You can specify a pattern for both the remote interface and the home interface. In the pattern attribute the keyword {0} will be expanded out the same as the @ejb.bean name="" property. So you can make the following changes to your EJB configuration.

1) Open the project properties and select MyEclipse-XDoclet page.
2) Select your EJB configuration
3) Select the remoteinterface subtask and set the pattern attribute to: {0}Remote
4) Select the homeinterface subtask and set the pattern attribute to: {0}RemoteHome
5) Rerun XDoclet

This should generate the files name : HostRemote.java and HostRemoteHome.java.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: