facebook

Wanting to Execute a CVS Branch in Tomcat 5

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

coemergence

Hi All,

I discovered that I have a need to build and execute an older CVS version of our current Eclipse/MyEclipse project that we created a branch for. In Eclipse, this branch has been created as a different project. In the previous Tomcat Eclipse plugin we had, we could simply specify the source code that would be executed and allowed to be debugged via a preferences setting. I have looked around in the MyEclipse preferences and see nothing similar. How would I go about doing such a thing?

John

#218714 Reply

Riyad Kalla

John,
    As I understand your question you need to check the old branch back out from CVS as a new project (e.g. MyProject-OLD) and you want to deploy/run this on Tomcat right? You can accomplish this by simply setting a deployment for this new project, it will be treated like a different project and deployed to Tomcat (even if its ontop of the ‘newer’ one).

#218764 Reply

coemergence

Will I be able to debug the “old” branch code as I do for the current project?
    I was temporarily able to get around this by closing my existing project, opening the “branch” project and then execute Tomcat. I already had a Tomcat context defined for it, but I wanted to ensure I was executing the correct application code. Perhaps what I am missing here is the whole “deployment” aspect of our project in MyEclipse. I don’t think we have done that, or at least in the way suggested. I will look into that further.

#218766 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Yes you will be able to debug both apps, but it is a good idea to close the one you are not using as the source locater looks into ALL open projects when stopping at breakpoints and such, so having two almost identical projects open at the same time might confuse it.

#218769 Reply

coemergence

So, what I did was really the best way to do it anyways. Ok, I can pass that along to the other developers, thanks.

#218770 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Yes keeping the two branches as separate projects will be the easiest solution in MyEclipse… you can deploy them independently, debug them and overall just treate them like two separate projects which is probably what you want (maintain old branch, development on new branch).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Wanting to Execute a CVS Branch in Tomcat 5

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in