facebook

Can’t start Tomcat in debug mode (exception)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

rnucera

I am getting an exception trying to bootsrap Tomcat 5.0 from the MyEclipse Start menu item.

Gets an exception immediately in parseInt. What’s happening?

Thanks in advance

roberto

#216199 Reply

joche

For what it’s worth, I can’t do this either.
    This is another issue that makes the whole idea integrating Tomcat with the IDE worthless. Even the hot-replace seems to have stopped working aswell. What’s going on?

I have Tomcat 5.19

#216311 Reply

joche

Hmm, I wonder if this is related to this thread in some way: http://www.myeclipseide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3102

#216430 Reply

joche

bumper.

This topic is still very urgent, can someone atleast point us in the right direction, to a tomcat manual page or anything else. I’ve tried Google with hundreds of search terms, but it’s hard searching on so generel terms as debug, exception and tomcat.

Any help is much appreciated.

#216448 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys an exception, error and system information is a good place to start… so far I have no idea what problem you are running into.

#216462 Reply

joche

Okay, hopefully a better error report:

When I check Windows->Prefs->MyEclipse->Appl. Servers->Tomcat 5->Launch->Debug Mode and start tomcat the debuger perspective shows up and it directly opens the Integer.class and points the cursor to the

“public static int parseInt(String s, int radix)” method, in the beginning where if (s == null) {
    throw new NumberFormatException(“null”);
    }
    is, the line marker is over the “throw new NumberFormatException(“null”);”

to come forward I must click the little green arrow (just as when you have breakpoints in your own code).

I need to click the green arrow approx. three times before something shows on the console (same exception in the same class). Then it stops everytime an XML file is read, such as:
    INFO: Processing Context configuration file URL file:C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19_alfakraft\conf\Catalina\localhost\balancer.xml
    Sep 30, 2004 12:39:58 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer install
    INFO: Processing Context configuration file URL file:C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19_alfakraft\conf\Catalina\localhost\manager.xml

etc etc. until the server is up and running.

I have been laborating with log4j, but can’t point to anything specific that makes this thing to happen.

As stated before, any help is much appreciated.

#216464 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ohhh, see this DID help… this is a f-ing annoying bug that only 3 users (myself included) have ever come across and seems to be fixed with creating a new workspace… it isn’t necessarily tied to MyEclipse but seems to be phantom breakpoints that Eclipse is stopping on for no reason.

#216554 Reply

joche

Thanks, it did help.

#216565 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m glad it worked.

#227748 Reply

gary_rowe

Just spent a hour wrestling with this problem before coming here for the solution. Well done!

For the next poor critter who gets this do the following:-

1) File | Switch Workspace…
    2) Choose your current workspace
    3) Start Tomcat and all should be well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Can’t start Tomcat in debug mode (exception)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in