MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jshowalter
Post subject: Fatal error when try to edit .xml file  PostPosted: May 17, 2005 - 06:13 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Created WEB-INFO folder. Tried to create new file within that folder, with name web.xml, but got immediate error dialog that says: Cannot open default editor on web.xml. Unable to instantiate editor: org.jboss.ide.eclipse.jdt.j2ee.xml.ui.editors.WebXmlEditor java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/sun/org/apache/xerces/internal/jaxp/SAXParserFactoryImpl

Reply with quote Back to top
support-scott
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 17, 2005 - 11:36 PM

Quote:

org.jboss.ide.eclipse.jdt.j2ee.xml.ui.editors.WebXmlEditor

We don't ship this class. Its provided by another product you have installed so you should consult them for a workaround. If you'll install MyEclipse on a clean Eclipse 3.0.2 installation you shouldn't have any further problems.

jshowalter
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2005 - 03:42 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I started over with a fresh Eclipse 3.0.2 installation. Then I purchased, downloaded, and installed MyEclipse. I still get the same error.

jshowalter
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2005 - 03:44 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I should mention that this only happens when I first create a .xml file, or when I double-click on an existing .xml file. If I right click and select Open with <some editor> it works fine.

support-rkalla
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2005 - 05:47 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

As Scott mentioned we don't ship that class, so what is likely happening is that you are reusing the same workspace which stores plugin cache data as well as file association information, so I'm guessing in your old workspace your XML files were associated with the JBossIDE's XML editor and not the MyEclispe XML Editor. You can fix this by navigating to Window > Preferences > Workbench > File Associations and changing the .xml association to use the "MyEclipse XML Editor" by default.

Jump to: