facebook

JSP Designer vs Classic Editor

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

debedb

JSP Designer never worked for me, and I always right-clicked on a JSP and selected
    classic editor. But I got tired of this, and went into Window-Preferences-General-Editors-File Associations and
    removed reference to JSP designer from *.jsp association. However, when I try to double-click a
    JSP it still tries to open the designer (and fails).

#250408 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The reason for that is (a) you want to set classic is the default for those types and (b) Eclipse 3.1 added a new way for editors to decide which files to open based on “Content Type”. We ship a large set of content type mappings that can me seen under Window > Prefs > General > Content Type. You can’t remove however but adjusting your default will give you the result you want.

#250619 Reply

debedb

I don’t get it. So what if there are content-types? I go into File associations, and make
    Classic Editor the default, and still the designer tries to open them. I remove the Designer
    from being associated with *jsp altogether, and still no luck…

#250624 Reply

Riyad Kalla

There are two designers that ship with MyEclipse, and you can’t open the source editor unless you open one of them. It sounds like the classic designer has always worked for you and the new designer barfs. If you go into the file associations again, find JSP, select “MyEclipse ‘Classic’ JSP Editor, hit “Default” then OK, then restart your workbench using the -clean command line argument, then close all your editors and try and open a JSP page, does it still try and use the new designer?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: JSP Designer vs Classic Editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in