MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
support-rkalla
Post subject: random logouts (Request feedback) [Closed]  PostPosted: Jan 12, 2004 - 01:43 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Jim/Others,

I've run into this twice already in the last week, definately a minor thing but I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing it:

1) I'll hit the ME forums and see that I'm logged in
2) I'll check my email, see all my new ME-support related emails, and start going through the emails clicking on the links so the particular posts open up in my browser
3) alt-tab back to my browser to read the updated thread
4) <RANDOM> sometimes I will be logged out all the sudden when I am moving to a new thread, and I'll have to log back in to post.

Just thought this was odd.

Reply with quote Back to top
subscriptions
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 12, 2004 - 04:47 PM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Riyad,

It's normal for you to get logged out once every week since your local login cookie will allow you to stay logged into the portal for 7 days. After that you have to login again. The timing of your last login and cookie expiration date/time may explain why you get logged out, but not more than once every week. Restarting the MyEclipse servers could explain the more than once occurrence.

I too would like to know if our users are seeing this with more frequency than they find acceptable.

Jim K.

support-rkalla
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 12, 2004 - 04:49 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Ok, probably a server restart in my case then.

Thanks

Jump to: