facebook

[Closed] Hot-deploy to WAS resulting in app restart

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

debedb

I have an exploded deployment, but when I change a method while stepping through it,
    (not a method signature, just the body), I can stack frames are correctly dropped
    and I can step through the changed methods but at the same time WAS restarts
    the application. Why does it do it and how would I prevent that? I have -Xj9 specified
    in JDK configuration…

#251186 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m not sure what the setting in WAS is, but in Tomcat it’s a context setting called “reloadable=true”, WAS probably has something similar, you can just turn that setting off.

#251204 Reply

debedb

Do you mean reloadEnabled=”true” in deployment.xml of the EAR? I have set this, yes.
    (but I think my colleague who did not have this set – does not have that attribute at all
    in deployedObject tag of deployment.xml – is running into the same problem).

Moreover, if I don’t have it set, how would WAS know to reload classes in the first place?

#251206 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Again, I have no idea what the setting for WebSphere is, this isn’t a MyEclipse issue. So unfortunately asking me if it’s the reloadEnabled=true setting, I really have no idea. You’d have to check the WAS docs, sorry.

#251238 Reply

debedb

Looks like it’s a matter of having reloadEnabled=”true” in deployedObject tag of deployment.xml (or, setting reloading enabled in manual install). Per WebSphere, this actually leads to restart of an app when
    new class is detected (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v5r1//index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/info/ae/ae/urun_rapp_inst.html). To avoid that, I removed that, and instead have reloadingEnabled=”true” in ibm-web-ext.xmi for the WAR (I don’t have EJBs, but similar thing applies). So far so good…

#251249 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Very cool, thanks for the followup for other folks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Hot-deploy to WAS resulting in app restart

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in