MyEclipse Forums
This thread has been locked & this forum has been archived.
Please post new topics to Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mannpr
Post subject: Error generating service  PostPosted: Aug 08, 2006 - 12:15 AM

I cannot get your WSDL to java working using xmlbeans. I build the default WSDL file using the xFire tools and was able to generate the java code using the JAXB2 binding but I get the following error using the xmlbeans binding

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.common.QNameHelper.hexsafedir(QNameHelper.java:176)
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl.typeSystemForComponent(SchemaTypeLoaderImpl.java:249)
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl.findDocumentTypeRef(SchemaTypeLoaderImpl.java:430)
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.findDocumentType(SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:129)
at org.codehaus.xfire.gen.xmlbeans.XmlBeansSchemaSupport.getType(XmlBeansSchemaSupport.java:50)
at org.codehaus.xfire.gen.xmlbeans.XmlBeansSchemaSupport.getType(XmlBeansSchemaSupport.java:24)
at org.codehaus.xfire.gen.jsr181.AbstractServiceGenerator.getReturnType(AbstractServiceGenerator.java:362)
at org.codehaus.xfire.gen.jsr181.AbstractServiceGenerator.generate(AbstractServiceGenerator.java:87)
at org.codehaus.xfire.gen.jsr181.ServiceInterfaceGenerator.generate(ServiceInterfaceGenerator.java:43)
at org.codehaus.xfire.gen.jsr181.AbstractServiceGenerator.generate(AbstractServiceGenerator.java:53)
at org.codehaus.xfire.gen.Wsdl11Generator.generate(Wsdl11Generator.java:125)
at com.genuitec.eclipse.ws.xfire.generator.WSGenJob.run(WSGenJob.java:59)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

please help ASAP...

Reply with quote Back to top
support-jed
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2006 - 05:57 PM

Could you supply a little more information about which version of MyEclipse and Eclipse you are running? Also, which application server are you running? Thanks.

mannpr
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2006 - 09:33 PM

Eclipse 3.2, MyEclipse 5.0M2 with Tomcat and Java 1.5.0_07

What I did was create a new Web Project and then create a new WSDL file (I did not edit the WSDL file that the system generated for me). I then attempted to create a Web Service using that WSDL file with xmlBeans bindings. That is where I got the "Error generating service". I have attempted this on two separate boxes WinXP and Fedora Core 4. Both boxes have the Eclipse, MyEclipse, Tomcat and Java software running. I get the exact same error message on both boxes.

I am able to generate JAXB2 bindings but not xmlBeans bindings. I desparately need to create xmlBeans bindings.

Thanks.

toramanan
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2006 - 11:01 PM

I am not able to generate a webservice using (bottom-up approach) WSDL. Both the bindings are failing for me. I am running Eclipse 3.2.0, MyEclipse WebService Feature 5.0.1, Java 1.5 and WSDL is in my disk.

Can you please help, I need to bind with XMLBeans.

toramanan
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2006 - 11:02 PM

Sorry it was Top-Down scenario. Mistyped.

Support-Brian
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2006 - 12:41 AM

Toramanan,

Just as a test, does it work if you specify JAXb2 binding instead in the Top down wizard? Could you give us a stack trace of the error logged when the generation fails?

Please answer all the relevant questions asked here: Posting Guidelines

Best,
Brian.

toramanan
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2006 - 03:42 PM

Brian,

I am not planning to write a new webservice. Our CRM application had exposed few functionality as a webservice and we need to use those service. All they give is a WSDL and the location where the service is running. I am planning to generate XMLBeans Binding for the given WSDL and generate test classes for testing the service. But it is failing when I try to generate code. The error is "Error generating services" in Eclipse as an alert.

Jump to: