facebook

SEAM Support and Exploded Deployment

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tony Herstell
    Participant

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074377#4074377

Also see http://gaming.homeip.net

I really can prove to you that this time MyEclipse ecploded deployment aint working right!

p.s. When are you going to start supporting the Seam tags in your .xhtml files…. the completion stuff is SOOOOO useful.. would be so nice to have the seam tags supported too.

#273914 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

Manually deleted the class from the project area in the workspace (wonder why it was still there even after a clean all?)

Added the new src folder to the build path – the hint was that the file under the src was not appearing in the exploded area un the deploy area in Jboss.

Now it works!!!

#273915 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

Mind you .. may still need to fix that not cleaning up bug and perhaps a warning message about non exported files might help!

Also, when are you bringing in that configurable exploded deployment you talked about a few months ago?

#273927 Reply

Tony,

As a fellow Seam user, I find this last post of yours very interesring… Following your links, I could not really grock what you are doing, only that we have completely different approaches. Actually, I missed your lazy guide… Could you direct me to it ?

As this may be a bit specific, I’ll follow witha a private post if it’s OK.

Regards,

Jean-Michel

#273949 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

Hi the lazy guide is in the documentation area of the forums (it got moved there).

Basically crack the EAR produced by the booking example in SEAM 2.0B1 and map the file sonto THREE new projects in MyEclipse that you create using the create new J5EE project wizard…. (you will have the EAR, EJB and WAr) and go from there.. MyEclipse can pop this to your server as an exploded deployment and automagically keep it up to date… and then run your server from inside eclipse… In fact its so bloody easy I havent written an Ant script for so long I would have to go back to the manuals!!!!

Yes I run Seam very differently to the majority as I am coding for myself and can be IDE specific and as such don’t need Ant. I just use Exploded deployment in MyEclipse for development and then deploy exploded for deployment… using a file on the server to auto configure anything differently from dev to live that the software reads when it runs up… i.e. Never use Ant at all… Derrr… Radical I know!

When MyEclipse boys get it done you can use configerable deployment and turn off the deployment of certain files when using deployment… Well thats what they are promising which means not having so much “noise” in my Ear files.

🙂

#273950 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

see
    http://gaming.homeip.net
    Which shows it all working inside the IDE
    I will be looking at the Red Had Developer Studio to see if they can do exploded deployment (which I doubt)… so I expcect to be staying with MyEclipse for now and just keep bugging them to get more Seam support in place… which should not be hard as the Red Hat offering is supposed to be modular and based on Eclipse so can be plugged into MyEclipse anyhow (which is no excuse for the MyEclipse Devs to do nothing till JBoss rolls it out – Give me Seam Tag file completion!!!!)

:/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: SEAM Support and Exploded Deployment

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in