facebook

Maven integration

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
  • Author

Are there any plans to integrate Maven once it is released?

#200941 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Not at present, but the user community here has a big say in where we go next. If there’s a big outcry for Maven, above some other features, we’ll move that way. 🙂

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#202041 Reply

I would like to see maven integration, especially libraries from the maven repository to be included within the project and these libraries then having the option to be deployed with the webapp under the lib.

#202042 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you guys provide some details as to what this integration would function like? Do you want wizards to create certain things, do you want monitoring tools, launchers, etc.?

#202209 Reply

@madeinoz wrote:

I would like to see maven integration, especially libraries from the maven repository to be included within the project and these libraries then having the option to be deployed with the webapp under the lib.

This could be achieved in two ways. A maven plugin that generates the necessary ME config stuff. Or, the other way around, ME reading a maven file and doing the work.

If two-way functionality is not needed (e.g. changes to a needed library in ME should lead to changes in the maven file, I’d go for the maven plugin functionality.

The thing is (I think) that it is not only ME, but eclipse itself that should be ‘maven-aware’

#202662 Reply

This could be achieved in two ways. A maven plugin that generates the necessary ME config stuff. Or, the other way around, ME reading a maven file and doing the work.

If two-way functionality is not needed (e.g. changes to a needed library in ME should lead to changes in the maven file, I’d go for the maven plugin functionality.

An already configured maven project has all the paths for the library and wether or not they are to be bundled in the WAR. It would be great to do the thing in reverse as well, i.e. create a maven project from the existing eclipse project, or add a new library to eclipse and it updates the maven project file.

When I do my development all my libraries reside in the maven repository, that way I do not have a heap of different jar files floating around in my different project directories. Then all I have to do is create the war and hey presto all the required libs are in their correct place and in the WAR file.

As a new eclipse and ME user this is one of the areas that I find lacking and frustrating is having to now copy all my libraries under a webapp directory for my project.

The thing is (I think) that it is not only ME, but eclipse itself that should be ‘maven-aware’

I agree

#233563 Reply

frank3wang

Maven is required in a major global Investment Bank. asap

#234343 Reply

jccartwright

Hello All,

I too would *really* like to see better maven integration. For me this would mean constructing a new eclipse project from an existing maven project, the ability to edit maven config files from w/in ME, and (of course) to execute maven goals from ME.

It seems to me that the mevenide for netbeans currently works better than mevenide for eclipse – a situation that perhaps ME could remedy?

Thanks!

— john

#237276 Reply

paulspencer

I would also like to see ME work with Maven. I have many Maven project. In addition to developer building the projects, I use CruiseControl to rebuild updated projets nightly. Maven currently has an Eclipse plugin that works well, but ME does not reconize a project the project type, i.e. WEB or EJB. An integration solution that consists of a plugin the write the necessary configuration files would be acceptable.

Paul Spencer

#239190 Reply

samerson

I would also like to see Maven integrated!

Thanks,
    Scott Amerson
    IET Middleware, Davis, CA

#242038 Reply

nsowatsk

Us too. We are using Maven 2.0. I would like to see the MyEclipse J2EE and EJB API files reflected in the pom.xml dependencies.

What I could do is create a link from MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core_4.0.0/data/libraryset/1.4 to somewhere in .m2/repository and create some dependency entries to make it work, but that would be tedious and I would have to maintain it by hand.

Ideally, when I create an EJB project, I would like to have the appropriate dependencies added to an existing pom.xml, or have a pom.xml created for me which I could later edit. Then when I run the mvn eclipse:eclipse project everything will stay in sync.

Thanks

Nathan

#243492 Reply

schuer

Yes, You really have to make maven use possible like WTP does!!!!

Lots of people are waiting for that

#243618 Reply

wufpack00

Features could include POM editor, POM validation, Maven repository browser and the ability to run Maven goals in a view similar to the Ant view.

#243645 Reply

spogiri

Maven is awesome. It increases productivity.

#243781 Reply

@samerson wrote:

I would also like to see Maven integrated!

+1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
Reply To: Maven integration

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in