facebook

ME 6.0 M1… and Mac… :(

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Comments
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

Yes.. it’s time to bring this up again.. in the release notes..

MyEclipse on Machintosh OS/X Known Issues

* Due to MyEclipse instability issues on the Mac platform the current features are not available: Matisse4MyEclipse Visual Web Designer, MyUML, and Matisse4MyEclipse. We are working to resolve the instability issues as quickly as possible.

COME ON GUYS!! Us Mac users are a growing population! Help us out here! Please? 🙁

#272912 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The louder you get the better (I do what I can on this end, without getting fired 😉

I know we are working on getting the Web designer running right now on Mac and Linux, but no work has explicitly been done on M4M/MyUML yet. I think we are focusing on getting the AJAX tools and designer first as some changes in the 3.3 platform are helping get this work going.

Technical limitations always suck… it always leaves someone out in the cold… we hate it.

#272921 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

Oh I’ll keep getting louder… 😉

#274183 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

DaveO,

For the 6.0GA release we’ve added the ability to run our AJAX tooling on the Mac, which is a step in the right direction. We’re also becoming very involved in the Alberio project at Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/albireo/) where we hope to work with others to knock out the cross-platform issues. So, we’re really trying… 🙂

#274191 Reply

@support-rkalla wrote:

but no work has explicitly been done on M4M/MyUML yet

There is work conducted on all SWING features every release. They get tested and some problems are fixed but it doesn’t seem like SWT-AWT on Mac is mature enough. Unlike Windows and Linux there are still random problems that are really hard to reproduce not to say – fix. That is why SWING features still stay in “experimental” state as well as AJAX ones.

#274514 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

Hey.. I’ll take ‘experimental’ support on my Mac.. just as long as I can have it..! 😀

#274518 Reply

@daorriss wrote:

Hey.. I’ll take ‘experimental’ support on my Mac.. just as long as I can have it..! 😀

“-Dmac.experimental=true” is a key 😉

#274520 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

HOLY COW! I’m on my way….

(Oh.. and I already paid the renewal a couple of weeks ago.. 😉 )

#274523 Reply

Riyad Kalla

(Oh.. and I already paid the renewal a couple of weeks ago.. 😉 )

Thank you Dave, we appreciate the continued support!

#274525 Reply

@daorriss wrote:

HOLY COW! I’m on my way….

Please note that we keep those features “experimental” for reason. While they do (mostly) appear completely usable they can destabilize your IDE so please make sure to save your work before using them. We are working on identifying those instabilities and are trying to get rid of them.

#274544 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

Well, I wish “Experimental” included the Swing designer.. Any chance you could “make that happen” at some point?

#274546 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Absolutely. Anything not working on Mac yet is under our umbrella of “Get it working on the Mac”.

#274547 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

No, I mean.. make the experimental flag also turn on Matisse… 🙂

#274549 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Oh, no need to. It and UML just crash immediately. You can click a few times but then there is some platform exception.

Believe me, if it worked, we would have, and then would have printed it on T-Shirts and banners, and passed them around 😀

#274553 Reply

Eric Angel

Another Mac User… I’ve been using MyEclipse on Linux for the past 2 years and have LOVED it! You guys do great work and can’t wait for you to get these working.

Eric

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: ME 6.0 M1… and Mac… :(

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in