facebook

Can’t use online help because of consistent timeout issues?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I recently upgraded to 6.0.1-GA-200710. Now I can’t get to online help. Apparently the help is redirected to your internet site in response to following help links for detailed material. After a delay I see the following error in the help window when I follow a link:
    <Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: “”
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team. >

This happens very consistently in MyEclipse but at the same time I can go anywhere/do anything on the internet with apparent health in my internet connection. I work in a rural area and am limited to a satellite internet connection thru WildBlue and have their optimizer installed which (as I understand it) redirects I.E. to a proxy server. In fact, I learned about the optimizer after using my connection for months and then resolving issues related to using your web site specifically. Is that an issue given how the help system accesses its resources?

How can I install the help locally so I can work ‘offline’? That would be an acceptable resolution of this issue for me. Other ideas?

Thanks for your help

#284657 Reply

Loyal Water

Did you install MyEclipse using the All in One installer ?

#285736 Reply

‘Xcuse my absense. Yes. I used All in One. This problem has become critical for me. I want to use the Matisse plugin but can’t view the help! Rather than address the network issues can I have all the help local as I did with MyEclipse 5.1? I couldn’t use your web site at all until I installed the WildBlue optimizer mentioned above. Internet Explorer has no trouble with your site now but MyEclipse help system does. When MyEclipse launches I.E. it works fine but not when it tries to display help in its own window. I wish I could tell what the URL of the help is.

Independent of my general problem can you direct me to online help for Matisse?

#285759 Reply

Loyal Water

Your saying Help > Help Contents is not working for you? It should because if you have installed MyEclipse using the All in One installer, you have all the documentation available locally.

You can go to our educational material site for online documentation:-
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-7.html

#285939 Reply

Say what you might about the all in one installer. I know I used it to install eclipse. The installation was a simple matter of launching the EXE and following prompts. The other installs involve separately installing eclipse, my eclipse, probably unjarring stuff, etc. correct? I’ve never done that. I start out with nothing but a JDK (knowing that’s in MyEclipse but I configure it to use my external JDK) and end up with the IDE. That’s the definition of all-in-one right?

The fact remains that I launch Help->Help Contents, and see the status bar say web site found waitng for reply…then:
    “Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: “”
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.”

Happens every time even though my connection is apparently healthy because I can make posts like this one on your site at the same time.

#285951 Reply

Loyal Water

If your using a proxy, the you will have to go to Windows > Prefs > General > Network Connection and enter your proxy settings there. That should get the help to open up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Can’t use online help because of consistent timeout issues?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in