MyEclipse Forums
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
de54hsa
Post subject: Renewal: years end campaign  PostPosted: Dec 29, 2007 - 11:14 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

lHi there,

I have a (small) complaint:

In your mail (news letter) from 2007-12-16 I am told the following

“MyEclipse Renewal Special
Effective January 1, 2008, the MyEclipse Professional Edition will be priced at $59.95.

Renew now to get your extra year of MyEclipse at the old rate of $49.95!
Regardless of your expiration date, we'll tack on an extra year. But hurry... this only lasts through the end of the December!
...renew now ”

When I did it I got the price of $52.95, same as in the prize list but not as expected. So what is right and what is your comment?

Happy New Year from Südtirol

Holger

Reply with quote Back to top
support-nipun
Post subject: RE: Renewal: years end campaign  PostPosted: Jan 03, 2008 - 07:04 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Every order processed by MyEclipse is assessed a 6% processing fee to cover a wide range of order processing and fulfillment related costs including providing quotes and invoices, data entry, answering telephone and email questions and discussing legal terms and conditions. The processing fee covers a fraction of our true costs but helps to keep the lights on, particularly given our aggressively discounted pricing compared to similar solutions.

I hope this answers your questions. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any question

de54hsa
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2008 - 10:06 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

I can understand your answer, but it shows me that your company is not used to deal with European customers in the way used they are used to.

Here in Italy and Germany where I am coming from, a mentioned price without any other information is the final sales price. This is the normal case in every B2C business. In a B2B case we state every time the net price because every company in the country knows the additional taxes.

Since internet business started the serious sales companies state the regulations they have to apply to also in marketing mails.

I would apreciate if your company can apply common European practice.

Holger

de54hsa
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2008 - 10:27 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

PS:

In the sales part you do it rigth, here I find:

"With MyEclipse, there's no capital investment, no vendor lock-in, and no risk. Priced at only $31.75 for the Standard Edition and $63.55 for the Professional Edition (price include 6% processing and handling fee), MyEclipse subscribers have full access to MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench, feature releases, updates, free online support, and tutorials for 12 months."

This was the same when I made the first purchase. Now you can see what I expected when you sent me the email.

Holger

support-nipun
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2008 - 08:39 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Holger,
You have made a very good point and that in future newsletters we'll do better to disclose the complete price as we do on the website. Thank you for bringing this up.

Jump to: