MyEclipse Forums
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
raa2001
Post subject: JNDI EJB3 weblogic 10 - javax.naming.NameNotFoundException  PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 - 12:03 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

When I execute the following, i get:

prop.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory");
prop.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"t3://localhost:7001" );
InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(prop);
MyBeanRemote bean = (MyBeanRemote) ctx.lookup("ejb/MyBeanRemote");

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve 'ejb.MyBeanRemote'. Resolved 'ejb' [Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve 'ejb.MyBeanRemote'. Resolved 'ejb']; remaining name 'MyBeanRemote'
at weblogic.rjvm.ResponseImpl.unmarshalReturn(ResponseImpl.java:217)
at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ClusterableRemoteRef.invoke(ClusterableRemoteRef.java:338)
at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ClusterableRemoteRef.invoke(ClusterableRemoteRef.java:252)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.ServerNamingNode_1000_WLStub.lookup(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.lookup(WLContextImpl.java:379)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.lookup(WLContextImpl.java:367)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
at com.myeclipseide.ejb3.MyBeanClient.main(MyBeanClient.java:37)
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve 'ejb.MyBeanRemote'. Resolved 'ejb'
at weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.newNameNotFoundException(BasicNamingNode.java:1138)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.lookupHere(BasicNamingNode.java:251)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.ServerNamingNode.lookupHere(ServerNamingNode.java:171)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.lookup(BasicNamingNode.java:205)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.lookup(BasicNamingNode.java:213)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.RootNamingNode_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicServerRef.java:589)
at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ClusterableServerRef.invoke(ClusterableServerRef.java:224)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$1.run(BasicServerRef.java:479)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:363)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest(BasicServerRef.java:475)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.access$300(BasicServerRef.java:59)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$BasicExecuteRequest.run(BasicServerRef.java:1016)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:200)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:172)

Reply with quote Back to top
support-nipun
Post subject: RE: JNDI EJB3 weblogic 10 - javax.naming.NameNotFoundExcepti  PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 - 03:42 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Im sorry but I dont have an idea about whats wrong here. Have you tried looking for a solution on google ?

raa2001
Post subject: RE: JNDI EJB3 weblogic 10 - javax.naming.NameNotFoundExcepti  PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 - 07:55 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

The reason it is returning this eror is that Weblogic is not identifying it as an j2EE app. There was a probelm with weblogic and BEA stated to create a new domain.

However, when I used the Managed Deployer from MyEclipse to deploy to a specific Web logic 10 domain, it states that it deployed successfully. When I login into the Weblogic admin console and select the domain and then Deployment, I do not see the J2EE app.

Therefore, I ceated a new project and deployed it manually, but it returns the following error:

Unable to access the selected application.
Exception in AppMerge flows' progression
Exception in AppMerge flows' progression
[J2EE:160120]Error: The module, 'EJBProjectTutorialEJB.jar', is declared either in the application.xml or in the weblogic-application.xml descriptor but cannot be found in the ear file

The application.xml is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="5" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd">
<display-name>EJBProjectTutorial</display-name>
<module id="myeclipse.1185394894765">
<ejb>EJBProjectTutorialEJB.jar</ejb>
</module>
</application>

CyTG
Post subject: RE: JNDI EJB3 weblogic 10 - javax.naming.NameNotFoundExcepti  PostPosted: Aug 10, 2007 - 09:54 AM
Registered Member
Registered Member

Í believe im in the somewhat same boat here! .. if you figured a way around this, please let me know (i did manage to start my own thread on the subject before finding you ; http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-18307-highlight-ejb3.html )

kurzseb
Post subject: JNDI name  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2007 - 01:49 PM

You should :
1 - Declare the JNDI name on the ejb annotation :
@Stateless(name = "TestBean", mappedName = "TestBean")
public class TestBean implements Test {
2 - Use the following JNDI name :
"TestBean#com.ejb.sessions.Test"

afarias
Post subject: Re: JNDI name  PostPosted: Nov 14, 2007 - 03:31 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

kurzseb wrote:
You should :

Great, I had the very same problem and this solution worked just fine to me.
Nevertheless, I'd complete the explanation saying that TestBean is the implementation class and Test is the Remote Interface...

Any way, I didn't know this kind of JNDI pattern name. Is it only for WebLogic? I've reading the Oreilly EJB 3.0 (5th ed) and I have read nothing like that...

Thanks for the hint!

Andres

pgirish007
Post subject: Another solution  PostPosted: Dec 04, 2007 - 04:42 PM
Registered Member
Registered Member

There is another solution for this. After doing Reverse engineering from the database to EJB3 components when you are writing EJB3 client, in your client class add a new member variable as "@EJB <yourRemoteClassName> <VariableName>;"

e.g.

@EJB MyHomeService home;

and in your test method do something like:

public void test()
{
home.findById(new Long(1));
}

With this approach you don't have to worry about creating and using InitialContext and doing lookup, Application server would take care of that.

callatis
Post subject: What is the default JNDI name (i.e. no mappedName)?  PostPosted: Mar 20, 2008 - 01:34 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

That worked for me as well. However, I'm still trying to figure out what the name is for the default case (no "name", no "mappedName" attributes specified in the @Stateless annotation). A default "name" is not that important, but "mappedName" is said to be vendor-specific, so I'd rather avoid it.

The @EJB annotation only works if the client runs within the same container (or even the same EAR?).

cottongear
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 21, 2009 - 10:59 AM

I am trying to get a simple Stateless Session bean working on WebLogic 10 MP1 with Seam.

My HelloBean.java code is :
Code:
@Stateless
@Name("hb")
@JndiName("hb")
public class HelloBean implements HelloBeanLocal {

I tried with/without
Code:
 @JndiName("hb")
option.

Local Interface:
Code:
@Local
public interface HelloBeanLocal {
   public String sayHello();

And in my xhtml, I am trying to access this bean like this:
Code:
<h:outputText value="#{hb.sayHello}" />>

When I try to run this I get the following exception:

Code:
WARNING: executePhase(RENDER_RESPONSE 6,com.sun.faces.context.FacesContextImpl@143c677) threw exception
org.jboss.seam.InstantiationException: Could not instantiate Seam component: hb
   at org.jboss.seam.Component.newInstance(Component.java:2106)
   at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1988)
   at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1950)
   at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1944)
   at org.jboss.seam.Namespace.getComponentInstance(Namespace.java:55)
   at org.jboss.seam.Namespace.getComponentInstance(Namespace.java:50)
   at org.jboss.seam.el.SeamELResolver.resolveBase(SeamELResolver.java:166)
   at org.jboss.seam.el.SeamELResolver.getValue(SeamELResolver.java:53)
   at javax.el.CompositeELResolver.getValue(CompositeELResolver.java:143)
   at com.sun.faces.el.FacesCompositeELResolver.getValue(FacesCompositeELResolver.java:64)
   at org.jboss.el.parser.AstIdentifier.getValue(AstIdentifier.java:44)
   at org.jboss.el.parser.AstValue.getValue(AstValue.java:63)
   at org.jboss.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:186)
   at com.sun.facelets.el.TagValueExpression.getValue(TagValueExpression.java:71)
   at javax.faces.component.UIOutput.getValue(UIOutput.java:173)
   at com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.HtmlBasicInputRenderer.getValue(HtmlBasicInputRenderer.java:189)
   at com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.HtmlBasicRenderer.getCurrentValue(HtmlBasicRenderer.java:320)
   at com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.HtmlBasicRenderer.encodeEnd(HtmlBasicRenderer.java:200)
   at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:829)
   at org.ajax4jsf.renderkit.RendererBase.renderChild(RendererBase.java:281)
   at org.ajax4jsf.renderkit.RendererBase.renderChildren(RendererBase.java:258)
   at org.richfaces.renderkit.html.PanelRenderer.doEncodeChildren(PanelRenderer.java:220)
   at org.richfaces.renderkit.html.PanelRenderer.doEncodeChildren(PanelRenderer.java:215)
   at org.ajax4jsf.renderkit.RendererBase.encodeChildren(RendererBase.java:120)
   at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:810)
   at org.ajax4jsf.renderkit.RendererBase.renderChild(RendererBase.java:277)
   at org.ajax4jsf.renderkit.RendererBase.renderChildren(RendererBase.java:258)
   at org.richfaces.renderkit.html.PanelRenderer.doEncodeChildren(PanelRenderer.java:220)
   at org.richfaces.renderkit.html.PanelRenderer.doEncodeChildren(PanelRenderer.java:215)
   at org.ajax4jsf.renderkit.RendererBase.encodeChildren(RendererBase.java:120)
   at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:810)
   at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:884)
   at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:890)
   at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView(FaceletViewHandler.java:571)
   at org.ajax4jsf.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:100)
   at org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxViewHandler.renderView(AjaxViewHandler.java:176)
   at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:134)
   at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:248)
   at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:144)
   at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:245)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:226)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:124)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
   at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:510)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:83)
   at org.jboss.seam.web.IdentityFilter.doFilter(IdentityFilter.java:40)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:69)
   at org.jboss.seam.web.MultipartFilter.doFilter(MultipartFilter.java:90)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:69)
   at org.jboss.seam.web.ExceptionFilter.doFilter(ExceptionFilter.java:64)
   at org.jboss.seam.web.RedirectFilter.doFilter(RedirectFilter.java:45)
   at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:178)
   at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:290)
   at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:368)
   at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:495)
   at org.jboss.seam.web.Ajax4jsfFilter.doFilter(Ajax4jsfFilter.java:56)
   at org.jboss.seam.web.LoggingFilter.doFilter(LoggingFilter.java:58)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:158)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestEventsFilter.doFilter(RequestEventsFilter.java:26)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3393)
   at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2140)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2046)
   at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve 'hb'. Resolved ''; remaining name 'hb'
   at weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.newNameNotFoundException(BasicNamingNode.java:1138)
   at weblogic.jndi.internal.ServerNamingNode.lookupHere(ServerNamingNode.java:171)
   at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLEventContextImpl.lookup(WLEventContextImpl.java:254)
   at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
   at org.jboss.seam.Component.instantiateSessionBean(Component.java:1367)
   at org.jboss.seam.Component.instantiate(Component.java:1331)
   at org.jboss.seam.Component.newInstance(Component.java:2084)
   ... 75 more

Kindly help.
Code:

try{}catch
Post subject: Re: What is the default JNDI name (i.e. no mappedName)?  PostPosted: Feb 02, 2010 - 02:20 AM

callatis wrote:
That worked for me as well. However, I'm still trying to figure out what the name is for the default case (no "name", no "mappedName" attributes specified in the @Stateless annotation). A default "name" is not that important, but "mappedName" is said to be vendor-specific, so I'd rather avoid it.

The @EJB annotation only works if the client runs within the same container (or even the same EAR?).

I had the same doubt. Searching in the console menus, I figured out a way to "see" how weblogic configures the EJB's names when you DON'T set the mappedName in annotations. Maybe it can help you.

It seems that weblogic combines the ear, jar, bean and interface names and register it on JNDI tree as a default EJB name.

to see the JNDI tree, go to the console, and there is a panel called "domain structure" on the left. Below this name there is a tree of menus where the root is the server instance name ( in my case wl_server ). Expand the "Environment" item below and click on "servers". The configured servers will be listed on central panel. In my case, there is only one, "examplesServer". Click on it. A link to "view the JNDI tree" will appear. Click on it and the EJBs names should be in the list.

regards...
niskrivits

GRK
Post subject: Re: JNDI EJB3 weblogic 10 - javax.naming.NameNotFoundExcepti  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2010 - 04:44 AM

raa2001 wrote:
When I execute the following, i get:

prop.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory");
prop.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"t3://localhost:7001" );
InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(prop);
MyBeanRemote bean = (MyBeanRemote) ctx.lookup("ejb/MyBeanRemote");

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve 'ejb.MyBeanRemote'. Resolved 'ejb' [Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve 'ejb.MyBeanRemote'. Resolved 'ejb']; remaining name 'MyBeanRemote'
at weblogic.rjvm.ResponseImpl.unmarshalReturn(ResponseImpl.java:217)
at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ClusterableRemoteRef.invoke(ClusterableRemoteRef.java:338)
at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ClusterableRemoteRef.invoke(ClusterableRemoteRef.java:252)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.ServerNamingNode_1000_WLStub.lookup(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.lookup(WLContextImpl.java:379)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
at com.myeclipseide.ejb3.MyBeanClient.main(MyBeanClient.java:37)
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve 'ejb.MyBeanRemote'. Resolved 'ejb'
at weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.lookup(BasicNamingNode.java:213)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.RootNamingNode_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicServerRef.java:589)
at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ClusterableServerRef.invoke(ClusterableServerRef.java:224)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$1.run(BasicServerRef.java:479)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:363)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest(BasicServerRef.java:475)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.access$300(BasicServerRef.java:59)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$BasicExecuteRequest.run(BasicServerRef.java:1016)

prashantpharate
Post subject: Re: JNDI name  PostPosted: Jun 11, 2012 - 09:21 PM

kurzseb wrote:
You should :

Solved my problem. Thanks

support-swapna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 12, 2012 - 06:07 AM

prashantpharate,

Glad that it is solved.
Do let us know if you see any other issues.

Jump to: